• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Associate
Soldato
Anyone binned a set of cards yet to work out what a good clocker looks like ?

Gregster: I saw you are thinking of running a 1060 and a 480 in the same rig, I like that idea but gonna wait for announcement on blocks.

Caporegime
Anyone binned a set of cards yet to work out what a good clocker looks like ?

Gregster: I saw you are thinking of running a 1060 and a 480 in the same rig, I like that idea but gonna wait for announcement on blocks.

Yer, I am pretty convinced of doing it. Just need some stock for the 480s to hit and then will go for it. Hopefully I will be going something like Twin Frozr Vs Twin Frozr so it is all fair and equal in cooling.

Associate
well im not too bothered about benchmark scores as such,its fine playing games..im getting well over 110 fps in bf4 on ultra settings and my cpu is around 60-70% load max.

I looked at some other spy results for 1060 and the gpu score tallys with those.

the asic score is well low at 60..my 960 was around 80 I think.

Caporegime
No they wouldn't. You'd be better with a 1070. Honestly, nvidia has done a good thing disabling it. It stops people making bad decisions such as putting two 1060s in SLI.

It doesn't matter that its disabled, as Dx12 doesn't do SLi/Xfire, it does mGPU, so, 2x (or however many cards), can still be used, if the game devs do the mGPU that is, as its on them now.

Caporegime
well im not too bothered about benchmark scores as such,its fine playing games..im getting well over 110 fps in bf4 on ultra settings and my cpu is around 60-70% load max.

I looked at some other spy results for 1060 and the gpu score tallys with those.

Fair one and so long as the games are good, all gravy :)

I have not seen that many Time Spy results and this one they scored 4315, so maybe I was being a bit harsh :)

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1060_review,28.html

Caporegime
Well they've moved in terms of efficiency. You now get 290X performance for 120W rather than 240W.

I dont efficiency though I want speed.

What happened to being able to buy a new card every 2 or 3 years for the same price as the old card but 50% better performance (or greater)?

Caporegime
Woop
ziuiDxNb.jpg

Had the 480 Nitro+ on pre order for weeks, but the date being pushed back made me cave in and go for the 1060. Coming from a 960 so a decent upgrade for me.

Be a huge upgrade, enjoy! :)

You could even use 4 different cards on the same board like a TitanX, 980 Ti, 1080 and Fury X, tempting.:D

Indeed :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom