• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Are you able to reveal the specs gibbo?

They are on webshop, though it does have two modes:

Quiet: 1266MHz boost, fans on lowest profile, essentially silent in this mode.
Boost: 1342MHz boost, fans spin faster, still quite though.

The LED options are impressive, blue, rainbow, pick any static colour, temperature mode, fan speed mode and off.

Caporegime

The LED options are impressive, blue, rainbow, pick any static colour, temperature mode, fan speed mode and off.

Would be so tempting if i didn't already have a 970.

Come on Vega hurry up.... :)

Associate

Will you be posting the bench results in here or a new thread?

Associate
I am a bit confused now. There are two versions of a 8GB Nitro, now called Nitro+ for £239.99 and a Nitro+ OC for £249.99. I ordered a 8GB Nitro OC a few weeks back, so what that extra "+" stands for? Sorry if asked before.

Associate
I am a bit confused now. There are two versions of a 8GB Nitro, now called Nitro+ for £239.99 and a Nitro+ OC for £249.99. I ordered a 8GB Nitro OC a few weeks back, so what that extra "+" stands for? Sorry if asked before.

Pre-ordered nitros (for £250) from before when the other two got added (non OC and 4gb) are now Nitro+ OC cards.

Nitro (last gen) vs Nitro+ (Rx 480) most likely is just to differentiate the different generations of the Nitro branding.

OcUK Staff
OP

They are all Nitro+, 4G, 8G and 8G OC. All pre-orders are for the fastest 8G OC part and that is what customers shall get. :)

Associate
those 1060 are OC nicely huge performance improvment. Huge hopes for 480

BTW today by end of the day we will see the performance increase or tomorrow?

Last edited:
Soldato

Whats the VRAM clockspeed? On most of the overclocked 480's, the VRAM makes quite a bit of difference, even more so than core speed.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...39615-amd-radeon-rx-480-im-test.html?start=25

Associate
Quick! I'm going to get the Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC... which PSU should I get?

Seasonic M12II EVO 520 or Seasonic M12II EVO 650 (Bronze)?
or should I pay extra and go with the Seasonic X650 (Gold)?

It says that the card has a TDP of 175w and that only a 400w PSU is required. I only have an i3 6100 CPU right now but I plan to upgrade it to a 6700K in the future. Thoughts???

Back
Top Bottom