Worst pain you've experienced?

Soldato
Probably the first few days after my ACL reconstruction.

They took the graft from my hamstring. Any slight movement felt like an electric bolt travelling up my leg.

Also getting in and out of bed as the nurse wanted to walk me around was excruciating.

I was shouting "don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it"!! (My leg)

Man of Honour
I had a root canal without anaesthetic and I cried like a baby.

About 4 years ago I dislocated my left arm from my shoulder and also broke the ligament that holds it on at the top. That was very painful but the following day I saw my mate and on departing he did that 'See you later' with a double hit on the shoulder and I screamed like a banshee.
Last year I dislocated my right shoulder but it wasn't as bad.

Soldato
A mix of when I squashed and ripped the end of my finger off I would say. Though when I sprained my ankle and and managed to tear the ligaments was pretty bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had Gall stones which were really painful. Then a week later after surgery I managed to split my sigmoid which I was left in so much pain I would have committed suicide if I had to endure 1 day longer.
My wife was told I would only last a few more hours I was that bad but unlucky for her they managed to fix me up and a stay in ICU I'm still fighting pain 2 years on. :(

Associate
Ruptured appendix, pain caused a black out.

Probably this. After spending two of the most uncomfortable nights of my life at home I was finally admitted to hospital. I still remember the nurse thinking I was a big girls blouse when I said the pain had gotten immeasurably worse. 20 minutes of faffing around before being rushed in to surgery.

To be honest the pain was awful but the two days prior was worse. Constant discomfort and the most chlorostrophobic dreams I've ever had.

Soldato
After surgery for a pilonidal sinus, and have the wound packing removed and new put in. The nurses had me screaming, and that was through tramadol.... Pretty much the next week was more of the same, then it became much less painful over the next 2 weeks....

Associate
Simple one really - infected wisdom tooth down to the jaw.

Tramadol and codeine didn't touch it and I passed out several times until the pulsating pain around my jaw that went right into my head got me round again. Didn't sleep for 2 days before the antibiotics could bring down the infection and ease the pain.

It was the worst thing I have ever felt by a mile.

Soldato
Can't remember what it was called; Google tells me it's Bursitis.

My gf slept on my shoulder all night, awoke in the morning being unable to move my right arm without screaming in agony.

A er..........'larger' lady was she? ;)

I have had 2 bouts of stones. The first time i had no idea what the hell was going on. They liken the pain to the male equivalent of child birth.

Anyway, i'm lying on my bed one minute, then next i am on all fours crawling around in agony. My work mates came and got me and took me to the Med Centre where i got a sh!t load of painkillers and off to A&E, where i got the diagnosis.

After X-Rays, they told me the stone was too big to pass so i would have to have this sonic type treatment which breaks down the stone, which you can then pass, unfortunately they couldn't do it that day.

Over the next few days, i could literally feel the stone passing down my 'pipework'. A short time later i was on my hands and knees crawling to the toilets (i lived in a communal type block at the time) and pulled myself up in front of the urinal.

After much groaning, gasping, then screaming, i felt this solid lump pass under the base of my d!ck (looked like something alien inside of me). After a final scream this boulder shot into the urinal followed by a jet of blood and the stone made noises like a roulette wheel as it spun around and around in the urinal.

I always make sure i am always hydrated now.

The worst story i have is i had to have a vasectomy - twice :(

Back
Top Bottom