Jaaaaaag Owners

Associate
PCH 'deal' is for the 180 R-Sport Auto. Would much prefer that engine over the 163 as you said.

Also, I'm aware that these are pretty much just generic dealer offers and are really nothing special. I'm not too sure how much of a better deal I can get on the new model XF just yet.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
That's a bit better then. I haven't tried that engine, only the 163PS and I own the 200PS.

The new one is definitely a lovely place to be, I was very skeptical of it when I first saw the pictures. Felt it was a downgrade but once I had driven a couple, it really is very nice indeed.

It does lack some of the theatre you get with the pre-facelift, less revolving vents, no pulsing start button etc but what it lacks in theatre it makes up in terms of practicality. The whole dash is just laid out so much better, the infotainment system is miles better and more responsive.

The R-Sport also has the nicer seats which in the new cars are fantastic and so comfy

Man of Honour
OP
Oh apologies, just checked. I totally forgot they don't do the 200PS engine in the new engine. I thought they'd carried that over

In that case ignore my comment regarding the 200PS engine :p

I have the pre-facelift :)

Man of Honour
OP
So while debating which new Jag, I may or may not have taken this home for a few days today...

kh1LtjO.png

Smile is ear to ear

Ignore the filter, for some reason Facebook applied it but then that may have been my trembling fingers in excitement

Man of Honour
Good friend has an XFR that we drove up to look at and pick up a while back. it's immense in nearly every way other than the cheesetastic nav screen with dated UI, colours and sluggish response. Some of the controls are borderline crazy also.

He wants a better exhaust as the stock XFR exhaust doesn't make itself as well known compared to say an XKR which seems much louder and sporting.

Great looking cars though!

Man of Honour
OP
The exhaust note from the car is unrivalled imo, it's just incredible. It's just bonkers basically and the pops and bangs you get sometimes are just too addictive

It's not really much different to the XFR I had two years ago other than the updated Infotainment software. But tbh, that's the last thing I'm worried about right now :p

Soldato
He wants a better exhaust as the stock XFR exhaust doesn't make itself as well known compared to say an XKR which seems much louder and sporting.

I got around to sorting my exhaust a few months ago, and went for the Spires stage 2. It transforms the car, better sounding and louder when you want it to be, without being annoying on the motorway etc..

Stock:

Spires:

Associate
They had a lovely red one in the dealers on Saturday, wasn't filled with ludicrous options so I might go back and drive a deal on that one. R-Sport 180 and had the upgraded nav, reversing camera and panoramic roof...not sure what else I would add to it anyway.

Certainly looking like it will be about £400 upfront and £400 a month...am I mad?!

Man of Honour
I've got a 13 plate Jag XFR, and I've not looked back since. I've driven many comparative cars, M5, E63, and every time, just feel the XFR is the better car on the road. The M5 would no doubt be a little better around a track, but for the other 99.9%, it just wasn't for me.

The sheer torque of the XFR is amazing and makes it feel amazingly fast, scarily fast if you dare take it on a trackday in fact!

Mal

Soldato
After scouring lots of dealers of various cars at the weekend, I can't find anything I like as much as the new XF. Only 1 question remains, colour! I'm torn between Italian Racing Red, Bluefire Metallic and Caesium Blue :(

Good choice :)

Bluefire never made it to the XF and is no longer available on XE. Really sensitive to colours, I actually quite like the white and Racing Red. Saphire blue can work aswell with the right wheels.

Man of Honour
OP
Going in to try and sort a deal on the XJ (http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2692283) tomorrow, we had a quick play with figures when I dropped the car back and it all looked much better than I thought, especially with what my car is being valued at, but having that F-Type has given me the bug for a good petrol engine

I tried to convince the other half and myself that if I got her a good deal on an MPV as a family car then I could run something like an F-Type, as the S model is pretty affordable around 40-45k for a 14 plate one, but I think once the novelty wore off, I'd be annoyed at the lack of space and the fact it only had two seats. So that idea was quickly scrapped. I then looked at possibly buying the new XFS which has the same engine from the F-Type, 3.0L supercharged V6 with 380BHP, but ultimately, I bloody love the XJ it's an itch I have to scratch.

This XJ gives me all the fun of that engine, and more given it's a nice V8 with a lot more horses, but all the perks of it being a very practical car in terms of space. Plus I just fell in love with it when I sat in it, all the gadgets I could possibly ask for and sounds silly, but my son just looked so damn chuffed in the back with the factory fit TV's in the headrest that I just know it ticks every box I'm looking for in a car

Mileage is slightly higher than I'd like, which is silly given it's only 35k and I don't exactly do moon miles, probably 8-9k max but more like 6k average. It comes with a 2 year warranty as well which is good given it's 5 years old now and checking figures on an extension with another 18k miles on, it's only £890 for the year, which isn't a huge amount really for a car like that

Back
Top Bottom