Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
Yes seem pretty good to me

Mine are

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 39994 kbps 10000 kbps
Line Attenuation 17.0 dB 0.0 dB
Noise Margin 14.8 dB 15.15 dB

I get a solid 39 down and 9.6 up on speedtests.

Been having a lot of disconnections recently, had openreach out a couple of weeks ago who could obviously find no fault, but reset my profile at the time and I was stable for about 12 hours. then it started disconnecting again. Worked from home one day last week and had it disconnecting every 30 minutes to an hour.

Only able to arrange a BT engineer for tomorrow due to work commitments and they better fix it this time as I went from the quoted very stable connection to one that is hit and miss and now showing:

Connection Speed 27397 kbps 5000 kbps
Line Attenuation 17.3 dB 0.0 dB
Noise Margin 19.8 dB 20.20 dB

Soldato
BT have been, no obvious fault shown, but he did terminate my incoming connection to the master socket.

Now getting
Connection Speed 39997 kbps 9997 kbps
Line Attenuation 17.1 dB 0.0 dB
Noise Margin 11.8 dB 14.14 dB

Stable since he left but then that was only an hour ago.

Caporegime
Da[]San;29814074 said:
Is there anyway of checking what speed you can get as the BT tracker doesn't work with Sky lines, thanks. I Just want to know if the 40mb is not the best I can get.

You can put your address in or if you have a close neighbour who's on BT, you can put their phone number in. I did that with my next door neighbour and her speed was what I got. (Actually a bit more!)

Associate
I got connected to Sky Fibre Today.

Connection Speed 39973 - 7256
Line Att 26.4 db
Noise Margin 7.7 db

Can anybody estimate if its worth upgrading to Pro?
Thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine was on fine when i switched on, around 11:20am, so if it has been down, it must have been while i was still in bed :p

EDIT: Yep.

From the Service Status.

Problems with Sky Fibre services across the UK

If you have Sky Fibre or Sky Fibre Unlimited in your home, you may not be able to get online at the moment. We're investigating the fault now and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Date reported: 2nd August, 07:00

Latest Updates

Our Engineers have now resolved the problem. We will continue to monitor this throughout the day. we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Update: 2nd August, 10:28

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally after 6 months of the cabinet not having enough capacity we are getting fibre pro on the 8th. What is the sky router like with higher speeds (previously had 5Mbs) is it worth me getting my asus router from my parents?

Soldato
Finally after 6 months of the cabinet not having enough capacity we are getting fibre pro on the 8th. What is the sky router like with higher speeds (previously had 5Mbs) is it worth me getting my asus router from my parents?

The Standard one is reliable enough but the N 150Mbps isn't great.

Get the new Sky Q Router if you can Mike. Has Gigabit ports and AC Wifi.

Back
Top Bottom