• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS To Raise Prices In The UK By 9%

Soldato
Completely overrated. Their new motherboards are meh. Why anyone would choose their GPUs over EVGA is beyond me, and from all account their CS is s**te.

I disagree with this, i, personally find there Motherboards great especially the true ROG versions, gene, impact and RVE, on air or LN2 they have been faultless for me, well apart from a dead RVE bios chip and instead of sending me a new bios rom they sent me a new board instead which made no sense to me as i'd of been happy with just the chip.

Caporegime
Ermmm.... I'm still waiting for my strix because I paid £620 for it. I'm not about to get bent over a second time just because ASUS are useless.

They will do. Asus rises the ceiling and everyone else creeps up

There has been many a time over the last two months you could have swapped to a cheaper and superior card like the glh or super jet stream. But yeah now, I suspect every card would be more money.

But my point was aimed more to people who paid more than you after the price got corrected to become the most expensive 1080 model when really it's very poor

Soldato
They can keep raising prices as much as they want and same with retailers gouging. Anyone sensible will not buy anything until prices get back to normality. No sensible person should be encouraging this behaviour and buying anything. They don't sell they have to drop them prices to normality levels or they can sit on stock that looses value by the hour especially with computer parts.

£800 for a Asus 1080 at the moment is just insane and same goes for all the current 1080 cards over £600 ( Even £600 for the 1080 is insane) by any manufacturer. If they want the worse sales figures in UK, keep it up. I'm not buying anything unless I see normal prices.

Seriously a mid range card for £800 is not just insane but they are now laughing at their customers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I disagree with this, i, personally find there Motherboards great especially the true ROG versions, gene, impact and RVE, on air or LN2 they have been faultless for me, well apart from a dead RVE bios chip and instead of sending me a new bios rom they sent me a new board instead which made no sense to me as i'd of been happy with just the chip.

I agree - perhaps I have been lucky with my Asus boards. I do however agree about there price gouging, and bad support when things do go wrong. I cant help saying I like the ROG boards though. I can however see me going back in Gigabytes direction at some point. Until then I shall Rog on. Lol.

Soldato
Following the depreciation of the British pound because of the Brexit vote, some companies have raised their UK prices. After Dell and HP, who reevaluated their product prices in the UK, the third top PC vendor ASUS has now also announced that it plans to raise UK prices.

The company will raise prices in the UK by 9% in October to counter the exchange rate fluctuations in Europe. Without any doubt, the price increases will impact PC sales in the UK. The fourth vendor that has yet to announce whether or not it plans to raise its PC prices in the UK is Acer.

Source : nextpowerup

there isn't much really in the article, just the bad news !
brexit rulz :D

The point is did they lower their prices against Euro also? Because Euro has pick up 10% against the USD since the Brexit vote. Doubt it :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Why are they doing this? Surely this is just a pathetic excuse to raise prices? They are not a UK based company so they are already making more money out of us due to the weakened pound and now they want to raise prices and blame it on brexit. Parasites!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

There shall be no further 9% rise, the prices have already increased due to Brexit vote on Asus components such as graphics cards, motherboards etc.

What Asus are talking about is their systems, laptops, sound cards, peripherals, monitors and networking as those items were in the UK at GBP prices as Asus UK hold stock of such items, they do not bring them in from Asia/USA, well they do but months ago as these are a more stable market.

This is why products such as Asus laptops have not gone up in price, but now they will as fresh stocks come in as such items are imported by Asus typically on a 3-6 month rolling basis. So the items which did not go up, laptops, Asus PC's (we do not sell), peripherals will now go up.

Graphics and motherboards increased in price weeks ago, Asus 1080 Strix cards went up way more than 10% due to Brexit as pricing was increased beyond 10% due to lack of supply on Asus Strix 1080 product.

Other laptop brands like Gigabyte already increased and MSI will follow as well, all companies are doing it, just some are ahead of others and some are slower.

For instance Acer informed me all monitor prices will increase in August by around 10%, but right now the pricing is as it was.

Soldato
I have an old Acer monitor that is gathering dust in the loft and the IQ was fantastic. Just a shame it is only 60Hz and 120Hz was a far better option. I would buy Acer without even thinking about it.

I recently bought the Acer XG270HU Freesync panel. Got it for £370 and I am very happy with it. It was just before everything went up too.

Associate
Aside from their monitors (which has poor QC) and motherboards, I don't see what's so great about this brand. Their cards are poor value when you compare warranty and coolers to the likes of Gigabyte and MSI. I remember my Asus 4870 that was sent for RMA took over 6 weeks and after all the wait I only got a partial refund. Unless you like the looks of the Strix or whatever, why would you pay such a premium for virtually nothing and anyone that buys their Flounders Edition is beyond me.

Soldato
Obviously it's great that OCUK have an RMA procedure implemented with ASUS so that there's a quicker turnaround, however, Asus should have decent RMA procedure implemented themselves.

Having to rely on OcUK to do their RMA's for them if you buy through OcUK is quite frankly embarrassing on ASUS part, considering the massive size of ASUS as a company.

Back
Top Bottom