Armed men take French hostages in Rouen church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They are not part of the military wing but it's obvious they are being heavily influenced by IS propaganda and are pledging allegiance to them. These attacks are their duty to IS.

It wouldn't stop completely, but wiping IS off the face of the earth may in the long run reduce attacks. Hell, if it saves one innocent life it's worth it.

Wipe out IS and it will simply be done under another Islamic name. Were the attacks we saw before the Syrian war in the name of IS? No but they still happened.

Caporegime
Its only going to get worse, the terrorism breeds fear which kills the only industry the middle east has - Tourism.

A lot of businesses have already closed in North Africa as people simply holiday in Europe or elsewhere instead.

That is a lot of people that could potentially become migrants/sympathizers.

Soldato
Honestly, it can't be long till we become numb to these attacks...but we shouldn't let that happen.

I don't know what can be done, but the media, the politicians and the Islamic leaders need to start having the big debate out in the open like adults. We can't just pretend there isn't an issue here.

Sadly I believe any action taken by Western governments will only impede on the freedoms of the average joe and have sod all impact on the scum who organise these attacks (Internet surveillance, ISP records, ban on encryption etc).

RIP to the victims, the attackers can burn in hell.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems I am saying I don't understand this world at times - yet again.

I am truly sorry for the victims and their families and friends.

Soldato
They are not part of the military wing but it's obvious they are being heavily influenced by IS propaganda and are pledging allegiance to them. These attacks are their duty to IS.

It wouldn't stop completely, but wiping IS off the face of the earth may in the long run reduce attacks. Hell, if it saves one innocent life it's worth it.

Which will spawn yet another group and gain the supporters and more importantly rich financial backers in some of the countries in the middle east. Of course had the US/UK not meddled in Iraq/Afghanistan then the problem would be tiny by comparison. Reap what you sow.

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;29830333 said:
Or simply thinking about a tragedy.

Your finger pointing is obscene.

This.

Your clumsy attempt to make it into a cheap "Right vs Left" point scoring exercise is pathetic.

RIP to the victims of this tragedy.

Soldato
Needed to post this for the big picture:

French Terrorism (all terrorism has been Islamic since the first date):
15/03/2012
2 dead by Islamist

19/03/2012
5 dead by same above Islamist

07/01/2015
14 dead by AlQaeda (Charlie Hebdo)

09/01/2015
5 dead by ISIS

26/06/2015
1 dead by Islamist

21/08/2015
5 wounded when Islamist opened fire on train (subdued and beaten unconscious)

13/11/2015
137 dead and 386 wounded by ISIS (press suppression of gruesome torture and killings)

13/06/2016
2 dead by ISIS

14/07/2016
84+ dead and 202 wounded by ISIS

26/07/2016
1 or 2 by ISIS

Total: 251 deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom