• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Agreed. Unless you are prepared to flash with a higher voltage bios then you are stuck at 1.09V and its a silicon lottery.

However already you can flash your cards with the Asus Strix OC bios which gives you 1.24v but not ideal as unless you have the same video outpouts one or more of your outputs wont work. Perhaps the classified will be a 1.24v bios as well?

I am sure they will be unlocked bios available for other cards soon. Advantage that most custom boards have dual bios as well. :)

I have seem some dodgy looking bios's out there, but I didn't think the Strix OC had overrided the 1.09V limit in their vBios. Any owners out there can confirm this? Cannot find much anywhere about this, just that the Strix OC's were scaled back due to a large number of RMAs from the early batches. I assume it was the cooler limiting the ability to maintain the factory overclock rather than anything to do with the power limit.

I did have the same opinion as you, I had thought that it would likely be the classified that would solve that issue. In the end I went for the FE just because I could have it straight away. We might get something that overcomes the power issues later, then having an extra power connector and more power phases might give a bit more performance - but by that time we might have a Ti version anyway, running HBM2 memory.

Associate
But I don't want an EK waterblock, I've already received my Aqua Computers waterblock for a reference board from OcUK. I could return that & switch to EK but I don't want to, hence the need for a swap to another reference board.

These look like the lowest priced items in stock that would work:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...-graphics-card-n1080-1sdn-p6dn-gx-063-in.html

The FE cards are £20 more than that. You would need to double check compatibility with your block, but I'm fairly sure it uses the reference board (as varified by EK)

Associate
Got my Gaming X early this week from OcUK after ordering and cancelling several other cards in the last two months. Glad to be done with this launch!

Soldato
I thought Micron were the sole makers of GDDR5X?

I probably should have posted in the 1070 thread, I realised my mistake after posting so I edited in the (1070s) at end.

Yeah micron make the 1080 memory.

So far on 1070s its only been samsung but now micron started appearing on 1070s. Sorry for the confusion.

Associate
Waiting on the Classified has turned me to the drink.

You and me both!

I decided to look at it from the perspective of - at the 60+ days since paying and waiting, it now draws the potential for a Ti closer and to be in step up range !

Knowing I'm 9th in the queue has been haunting me too xD

Seeing pictures of them on Reddit in the states on retail store floors frustrated me even more >.<

Soldato
You and me both!

I decided to look at it from the perspective of - at the 60+ days since paying and waiting, it now draws the potential for a Ti closer and to be in step up range !

Knowing I'm 9th in the queue has been haunting me too xD

Seeing pictures of them on Reddit in the states on retail store floors frustrated me even more >.<

EVGA CLASSIFIED Dosnt t work with their step up programme so I read wtf.

Associate
Finally had enough of this debacle.
Cancelled my order and bought a Zotac GTX 1080 Founders Edition from another etailer through Flubit for £577.50 and it arrives on Monday.
Its a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it feels worth it to put this sorry episode behind me.
Good luck to everyone else still stuck in Overclockers version of Groundhog Day.

Associate
Well, while I'm happy I'll apparently finally get my Inno3d card in a week or so...I hope this isn't the reason why. It'd be a bit of a dick move if we've all sat about waiting for our cards and these companies end up shipping an inferior product because they, Nvidia, or someone down the chain screwed up their production estimates.

One of the reasons i picked this card was the 10400 memory so if it isn't up to that then it's not the product i ordered

Back
Top Bottom