• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Associate
I was extremely interested in one of these but if these early benchmarks are true 25% to 35% increase at £1100 doesn't represent good value for me. Look forward to seeing what these are capable at when overclocked though.

Associate
My thought process was £700 for a decent 1080 and I'll have to wait.. £400 more I am getting a titan x and can still make some money off my 980ti so happy overall.

Just hope my 3770k doesn't bottle neck it

Caporegime
Again NVidia fuelling the delusion that over a grand for a card that's slightly faster than an already overpriced 1080 is worth it. Seems like we're being programmed to believe these ludicrous prices are somehow good or fair. Ooh so its not 1200 or 1300 and ONLY 1100? Bargain!

Associate
Again NVidia fuelling the delusion that over a grand for a card that's slightly faster than an already overpriced 1080 is worth it. Seems like we're being programmed to believe these ludicrous prices are somehow good or fair.

I don't think anyone said the prices are good or fair. Less than what people were expecting maybe. It's overpriced but then so is any piece of top of the range kit be it car, TV, whatever.

Associate
Not sure what the score is with reviewers getting samples but they will be under an NDA till 2pm whatever, so hopefully they do have them and we get to drool see what is what :)

Nope, a few have got cards, including myself, and we're not under NDA.

My sample hits about 1,950MHz core under OC load, but the cooler holds it back.

Soldato
Fantasying about getting one but I don't have the money till Friday and I'm gonna wait on more solid reviews on the performance. Most probably go for 1070 sli and see what happens two years later.

Associate
My thought process was £700 for a decent 1080 and I'll have to wait.. £400 more I am getting a titan x and can still make some money off my 980ti so happy overall.

Just hope my 3770k doesn't bottle neck it

I very much doubt your 3770k cpu will be a bottleneck yet, i'd imagine you have it overclocked as well. Them chips overclock like a dream, i got mine running stable at 4.6ghz for the last 2 years.

Associate
So is there any real performance increase (real world) for a pair of these over a pair of 1080's? Given that both pairs would be oc'd and under water? The benchmarks that I have seen suggest not.

Cheers
Ras

Associate
5dcbbe8b-eb70-4865-9f64-b9de8b77f442.png

That's the hardest benchmark.

Associate
I bought a couple of Titans, a couple of Titan Blacks and a Titan X. I'm out on this one. Gonna wait for Volta or perhaps even AMD will get their house in order.

Back
Top Bottom