Mountain Biking

Soldato
Just got back from my first ever week in Morzine, epic place! :D

Yeah, Les Gets was pretty cut to bits with braking bumps.... probably my least favourite spot. I'd recommend heading out via the Super Morzine lift, along the ridge and drop down into Lindarets, then pop up over to Chatel bike park - the trails there were brilliant! People and Fluid were awesome, as is the black trail from mid-way down, there's nothing that'll kill you on it, just massive tabletops which almost no-one is clearing.

Can't wait to go back :)

Soldato
Just got back from Morzine myself! People was a great run, unfortuantely we did it then it started to hammer down with rain and that rather put an end to further runs down it!
Les Gets is pretty torn up like you say, however the blues and reds at the very top are pretty good fun as they're more rooty than brake bumpy.

Of our group, we had one dislocated elbow, one sprained ankle and a fractured hand that needed surgery.....good week! :D

Oh and if anyone wants to buy a Giant Glory 2014 then let me know ;)

Caporegime
Just got back from my first ever week in Morzine, epic place! :D

Yeah, Les Gets was pretty cut to bits with braking bumps.... probably my least favourite spot. I'd recommend heading out via the Super Morzine lift, along the ridge and drop down into Lindarets, then pop up over to Chatel bike park - the trails there were brilliant! People and Fluid were awesome, as is the black trail from mid-way down, there's nothing that'll kill you on it, just massive tabletops which almost no-one is clearing.

Can't wait to go back :)

Is it a long cycle along to Chatel? How long does it take? Easy to get back to Morzine?

Soldato
Is it a long cycle along to Chatel? How long does it take? Easy to get back to Morzine?

Not an especially long cycle, I dont have my map with my but the only distance you need to ride really is from the top of the Zore lift to Lindarets - you can either take the wide, fairly fast orange route, or take a sharp 90 degree left and head down a much more fun, but slower track which ends up doing a bit on the road to finish off with into Lindarets.

Overall I'd guess maybe 1hr20-30 to get to Chatel from Morzine, depending on how fast or not you hammer it, and 2nd time you'll be much faster as you know where you're going! :D

Soldato
How did you manage that?! :eek:

:D It took quite a hit at Coed y Brenin last year - a friend was using it, not me. It survived, but was never quite the same again.

I had this odd issue where the gears would skip cycling up hill, and the tyre would rub the inside of the swing arm. The thing was, it was intermittent, and when it was up on a stand it shifted like a dream.

In hindsight, the swing arm must have been flexing under load and altering the geometry, causing the rubbing / skipping.

I wasn't even riding it that hard on Sunday, but it clearly took one too many knocks and decided to give up the ghost.

Apparently a lot of those particular swing arms were replaced under warranty by Cannonade for being a bit weak, so it's impressive that it's survived 16-odd years.

Caporegime
Easy back to morzine from top, just take road down through the goat village.

Not an especially long cycle, I dont have my map with my but the only distance you need to ride really is from the top of the Zore lift to Lindarets - you can either take the wide, fairly fast orange route, or take a sharp 90 degree left and head down a much more fun, but slower track which ends up doing a bit on the road to finish off with into Lindarets.

Overall I'd guess maybe 1hr20-30 to get to Chatel from Morzine, depending on how fast or not you hammer it, and 2nd time you'll be much faster as you know where you're going! :D

Nice thanks a lot.

Only there for 5 days, but Chatel looks loads of fun.

Associate
A dry BPW is more dangerous I think. It makes the trails even more bumpy than normal. I had a few bits work themselves loose on Sunday; the worst of which was the rear axle. It dropped the rear wheel, causing it to lock-up in the frame and send my flying. Full face and body armour saved me from a hospital trip as nothing more than a few scrapes and bruises luckily.

Back
Top Bottom