3570k overclocking advice?

Associate
OP
Dont overclock with auto on m8, it can apply some silly voltages, keep it to normal with an offset or manual.

As for it dropping to 257mhz that sounds like HWinfo just messing up its readings, i get false readings when bench testing quite often when the computer is fully stressed it cant keep the HWmonitor updated properly. I dont think CPUs even go that low tbh. Are you noticing a considerable drop in FPS when it says your getting 200 mhz cpu speed?

Thanks for taking time to reply!

I have since having a little play with manual set it to multi of 42 and manal voltage to 1.195 and LLC to high. This gives me a constant 1.200v idle and load.

There is no performance drop at all FPS wise. It was just worrying me that two different programs registered the drop, 3DMark and HWMoniter.

Im still doing testing but 3 hours of prime today, 2 yesterday. Had a few hours of gaming and some 3DMark testing. No WHEA errors, crashes etc at all.

So maybe I am just being paranoid?

If so need to weigh up 4.2Ghz @ 1.2v with a max temp of 74*c while running prime. Oooor 4.4Ghz @ 1.3v with a max temp of around 85*c while running prime. Seems to me the best option would be 4.2Ghz? Cooler, less voltage and not much of a performance hit....

Associate
For me, reasonable temps and the knowledge your CPU would run another decade or three at lower volts is worth more than another hundred MHz; after all that really only equates to under 3% more performance. But hey maybe I'm just getting old.

As far as your CPU speed drops go, I have to agree with BluD that most likely that's not an accurate reading.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
For me, reasonable temps and the knowledge your CPU would run another decade or three at lower volts is worth more than another hundred MHz; after all that really only equates to under 3% more performance. But hey maybe I'm just getting old.

As far as your CPU speed drops go, I have to agree with BluD that most likely that's not an accurate reading.

Indeed, seems like the better option I must agree. Thankyou!

Back
Top Bottom