Project 'EVIE' - Steampunk 1886 Build

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. I'm really humbled by the positive response to Evie's build. It means so much to get the support of a fantastic and very skilled case modding community.

Big update coming this weekend as Evie nears completion. I'm putting in the copper loop at the moment (for the third time).....I just keep changing my mind on the layout :rolleyes:

Steve.

Associate
Double posting is not something I usually do but I'm pleased as punch to see that bit-tec have nominated Evie in their monthly case modding competition along with three other case mods - now, I just need to get some votes against the very stiff competition ;)

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=307786

6 days later, bit-tech finally validated my new account. Consider yourself voted for :)

Keep up the good work.

Associate
OP
For this update to Evie we're going to start with taking a look at the right side panel detail and HDD cooler that I finished this week.

When I set out on Evie there was considerable cutting to the front of the Corsair 780T case removing all the standard HDD bays - I needed room for the extra front radiator and also the custiom reservoir.

The OS and game library would sit on a motherboard mounted Samsung EVO 500GB M.2 SSD but I still had to get my Western Digital Black 1TB HDD in somewhere for bulk storage. The only place available was behind the MB Tray but it was very tight and would leave the HDD with no airflow. A new mount and a custom cooling option was needed.

I ended up placing two be quiet 80mm fans above the HDD as an exterior mounted cooling option. These would blow cool air directly onto the HDD and as they would be spinning at minimum rpm they are nearly silent in operation. This is the build sequence and final result:

Final side panel image showing the HDD cooler in place and the extra side panel details matching my concept drawing from my initial post.

Next I needed to finish the work on the two EVGA 980TI SC+ cards that would be in the build including the EKWB backplates and waterblocks. Engraved brass plates were added to pull both cards in line with my steampunk aesthetic, and of course, maybe just a little custom airbrush work :D

From an earlier build log it was suggested that I might like to add an 'oiler' on Evie which are often seen on Victorian machinery. Well, it was a fantastic suggestion and now in place just awaiting fluid to be added in a few days time.

And to close this update here are overall shots showing the front and right side panel now complete and the second showing the GPU's in place and the loop work underway with much copper tube bending, polishing and detail work to go.

Finally, a shameless plug in that Evie's doing well in the bit-tec case mod contest but I could still do with your vote if you like what you see :D

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=307786

Last edited:
Associate
Wow that is amazing. Stunning Build Mate....absolutely stunning. :eek:

Just voted for you mate. To be honest I really dont know how someone welding a few bits of old machinery to an old boiler can be in front of what you have produced. His is a scrapyard challenge compared to your true work of art.

Be nice if you could somehow make the GPU power cables look like copper pipes too, once you fit them as it looks like EVIE really is steam powered....not an electronic cable in sight.

Truly, Truly awesome

Keep the hard work going
:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Truly stunning build. I'm quite gobsmacked tbh. Amazing attention to detail.

Agree with what others have said though, if you want more votes in the competition you need to get your better photos up there (the ones in your Photobucket).

Back
Top Bottom