Family Estate

Soldato
Good shout. Only problem is limited rear legroom, but if it's only kids in the back, it's all good!

Kicking seats can get tiresome. I looked at the golf estate and needed more rear leg room to prevent the child from kicking the seat.

I ended up with a superb estate with the same budget. I would like a new shape a6 mine but good ones are still circa 25k

Associate
OP
Some good suggestions here guys, thanks.

The Golf and Volvo I hadn't really considered, I'll have a deeper look. The S-max is intriguing too. I'm surprised no-ones suggested a Mondeo yet!

Mercedes doesn't really receive much love on these forums, any reason? A c220 looks a pretty good option from where I'm sat. Anything I should be aware of or watch out for?

Soldato
Skoda superb 100% of the time. Only reason we bought a Passat was VW were doing £2k deposit contribution and 2 x free services. Worked out as just over £13k for a 15 plate SE Business as they gave me £3k for my 07 Leon

Soldato
ok, thanks.

A quick look on Autotrader with fresh eyes sees this - i like it mostly for the fact that they have used actual paper to mask the number plate LOL - not seen that before

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...earchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=10

is this F11 or E61 (how to tell?)

Should have chrome trim on the door handles. That signifies the ambient light package is fitted. Which was standard on the 530d. Must have been a special order one to omit it.

Soldato
Mercedes doesn't really receive much love on these forums, any reason? A c220 looks a pretty good option from where I'm sat. Anything I should be aware of or watch out for?

They're decent enough cars these, though you'll struggle to buy one at sensible money with any sort of proper warranty coverage and repairs aren't cheap. An E class is also quite the step up so is where I'd be looking if going Mercedes

The other "Problem" is that the pre facelifted interior leaves a bit to be desired and the money you'll pay for the revised one feels like an awful lot of money for what it is. I'd rather have a well specced A4, personally, though the Merc drives better

Man of Honour
It's pretty cheap because of its history (and therefore poor specification). A non-police one with that mileage is somewhat more.

Man of Honour
They are bizarre spec cars - basic AC as well yet it has Sport Automatic Transmission? I can't imagine SAT being that beneficial really so it's odd that it was optioned.

Soldato
if it's an ex- cop car it's probably been rammed a few times............ probably by a 15 year old Asbo retard in a stolen Corsa ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;29864616 said:
They are bizarre spec cars - basic AC as well yet it has Sport Automatic Transmission? I can't imagine SAT being that beneficial really so it's odd that it was optioned.

Quite common (if not standard spec) on Authorities vehicles, the Met ones have it too.

Back
Top Bottom