Show us your kitty cats

Associate
I can't tell with mine. She seems to like it. She purrs.

But then she also rabbit kicks my hands away.

Cats eh. They truly are unknowable :p

You have to break her in gently. :D

I.e. try when shes not super alert (when does that ever happen?), start high up on the chest area, a little rubbing, and work your way down whilst trying to avoid any resistance (first sign, either work your way back up or withdraw). Saying that I still get bit often, mostly for [ignoring] her though. :D

Soldato
Catio is coming along. Just needs a bit of bracing (shelves will do that) and filling with fun stuff :D

13606620_10157201880155455_2234757548200338777_n_zpscggktjcc.jpg

I'd love to do something like that, but it's not really feasible where I live.
Make sure your wire netting is strong, as cats will bit and claw away at it and over a period of weeks, will tear a hole in it.

Also, the point at which the sides meet the ground (decking). Make sure that is strong. Again cats will attempt to dig through the wooden decking/netting and will eventually break through.

Associate
I'd love to do something like that, but it's not really feasible where I live.
Make sure your wire netting is strong, as cats will bit and claw away at it and over a period of weeks, will tear a hole in it.

Also, the point at which the sides meet the ground (decking). Make sure that is strong. Again cats will attempt to dig through the wooden decking/netting and will eventually break through.

This is my old 'catio' (like the name)..

VRX0dZI.jpg

Unfortunately my new place doesn't lend itself so easily to do one of these. That old house worked out perfectly for the cats! Shame the Landlord wouldn't sell it to me. :mad:

Man of Honour
Bitba is fine. I have used them several times now without problems. They don't have the loyalty programme like Zooplus but can be quite a bit cheaper.

My father, step-mother and her grandson were out for a walk at Botallack on the North Cornwall coast path last month when the grandson went running ahead a little way and sat down on the grass playing with something. It turned out to be a kitten and it started following them. Dad picked it up and checked it over and couldn't see anything wrong with it. It was obviously used to being around people so they walked back to the village and started asking around. Nobody had seen it before. They took him to a vet to see if he had been chipped, which he wasn't. The vet reckoned he was 11-12 weeks old and had been abandoned. They took the kitten home and took some pictures and made up some flyers which they put through every letter box in and around Botallack to see if anyone had lost him. They heard nothing so after 2 weeks had passed took him to the vets again and started his vaccinations as they are going to keep him. They will be getting him chipped and neutered as well. Dad sent me some photo's so let me introduce Tallack:-

Back
Top Bottom