HTC Vive

Soldato
Well, got my codes through finally :)

Does anyone else have trouble with Tilt Brush though? It's not very smooth and keeps dropping frames - despite the fact that every other game I've tried it nigh on perfect? I'd have though TB was one of the least demanding!! (This is on a 980, btw).

Done a search and can't find anything...so it must just be me :/

Associate
So after waiting THREE WEEKS for a replacement base station these incompetent idiots sent me back one with the exact same problem, so sick of this company!

Associate
Anyone else had problems with the velcro fastenings on the head straps? It has totally come away on one side; don't see why I should have to stitch things up / fix it myself of £700 worth of kit less than a month old! HTC dont respond to chat or email tickets; looks like I will have to contact OC- not impressed with the quality of the head strap and even less with none response of HTC tbh

Associate
Anyone else had problems with the velcro fastenings on the head straps? It has totally come away on one side; don't see why I should have to stitch things up / fix it myself of £700 worth of kit less than a month old! HTC dont respond to chat or email tickets; looks like I will have to contact OC- not impressed with the quality of the head strap and even less with none response of HTC tbh

I think the head strap is removable and replaceable so it may be that they can just send you a new one without returning the whole thing

Associate
I think the head strap is removable and replaceable so it may be that they can just send you a new one without returning the whole thing

That's what I'm hoping and why I thought contacting HTC direct I would stand a better chance of this; I would imagine OC would just have to RMA the lot (not their fault) but HTC seems impossible to contact. :(

Associate
Related to the my Vive but not a Vive question. Does anyone have a recommendation for a wheel a good one for project cars, with a clutch and does project cars allow clutch within game?

Another question, I have a X55 Hotas, does No Mans Sky have the ability to use it?

Soldato
Does anyone else have trouble with Tilt Brush though? It's not very smooth and keeps dropping frames - despite the fact that every other game I've tried it nigh on perfect? I'd have though TB was one of the least demanding!! (This is on a 980, btw).

Done a search and can't find anything...so it must just be me :/

Just as a follow up to this for anyone else:

I turned my graphics settings down - there are 4 settings, mine had defaulted to the 3rd highest, I knocked it down a peg and it's smooth as anything :)

I wouldn't have thought I'd have struggled with a 980...but so be it!

Associate
Related to the my Vive but not a Vive question. Does anyone have a recommendation for a wheel a good one for project cars, with a clutch and does project cars allow clutch within game?

Another question, I have a X55 Hotas, does No Mans Sky have the ability to use it?
What's your budget for the wheel? Thrustmaster T500 would fit most people's definitions of good (it's what I use) but is relatively spendy. Clutch is definitely supported by pCars but to make much use of it you'd obviously also need the separate TH8A shifter.

Logitech G920 is a cheaper option although that shifter is also sold separately.

No idea about No Man's Sky. I'd guess that any DirectX controller will be recognised, but how well it works depends on whether they've make much effort on the implementation. Will find out on Friday :)

Soldato

The lack of response from HTC is certainly worrying.

Back
Top Bottom