Audi owners in here!

Associate
I believe hill hold assist is standard on S Tronic now? I'm sure I've read it somewhere (will check my manual). My 2015 A3 applies the brake hold on steep hills either way and it doesn't have the option

Soldato
I believe hill hold assist is standard on S Tronic now? I'm sure I've read it somewhere (will check my manual). My 2015 A3 applies the brake hold on steep hills either way and it doesn't have the option

Wasn't a standard option the TT. But I don't really see what difference it would make. It has a electronic handbrake so if you're really worried, use that.

Soldato
Para I was about to say you are making a big mistake getting the A3 considering the discounts available on the S3! Good choice to change!

HHA isn't standard, easy retro fit though. I can't live without it now!

Soldato
Drive out with a few mates at the weekend. :D

75B81FE2-AA5A-4E28-B900-28527D6B9C42.jpg

Build week 41, so that puts it at the end of October :(

Nightmare do they not have any stock cars? I went with a stock one in the end, the week or two I had to wait for it was long enough!

Caporegime
Nightmare do they not have any stock cars? I went with a stock one in the end, the week or two I had to wait for it was long enough!

Nope, they only had 3 S3 Saloons, one was in primer grey, one was white, and whilst one was in a decent colour (Navarra Blue), all three had absolutely zero spec.

They've only (in the last few weeks) just been rolling off the production line, which means that actual "in the flesh" facelift S3 saloons are rare as rocking horse plop.

Even my A3 Saloon was going to be a factory order.

Caporegime
Just got my email confirmation through (I requested it as I made the order over the phone), with a nice screenshot of the VAG internal order screen. Looks like my forecast collection has been placed at the start of November :(

Oh well, not much I can do about that!

[TW]Fox;29878441 said:
Best looking Audi saloon imho.

Agreed. Even the S Line A3 Saloon looks "right", in many ways I actually prefer the twin exhaust look of the A3 over the quad exhaust look of the S3.

Man of Honour
I don't think Audi make a single car that isn't hilariously 'over-exhuasted'. The reason why the S3 ends up with quad pipes is because they've given all the 2 litre diesel A6's fancy looking twin exit systems that were once the preserve of more special engined variants so now the S3 needs 4 to set it apart.

Presumably next generation 2.0 TDI's will get quads so we'll need 8 on an S3.

BMW used to be very good about this - impressive single exit either side exhausts were only present on x35 models, 4 pipes only on M power cars, twin one-side only on 6 cylinder cars and little pea shooters for the 4 pots.

They've begun to lose it lately though, the 220d has a pipe either side and the 320d has a twin :(

Back
Top Bottom