No Man's Sky

Soldato
I'm doing the same. Saving for a ship when I get about 1 mill. I find, the father you travel, the ships change dramatically. Like they get different algorithms for each system.

Soldato
I've done 3 'hyper' jumps so far. I had to decide between following the path to the center or following the 'atlas' path! I chose atlas because I have no idea what it is

Soldato
Just bought a ship for 850k, back up to 400k credits too. Suite upgraded to 16 slots, not bad for my first afternoon playing it. Still on the starter tool though :(

Looking forward to playing tomorrow night already. Great game ! Just hope the freezers stop.

One

One

Soldato
I've done 3 'hyper' jumps so far. I had to decide between following the path to the center or following the 'atlas' path! I chose atlas because I have no idea what it is

I wish I had chosen the atlas path.. I will probably change my mind now :D

I came here with this dilema! I chose Atlas. I figure I can go to the Centre whenever.

I'm trying really hard not to be a completionist with this game. If there's a planet over there and it doesn't look that great just leave it. It's not something I would do in an ordinary game!

Soldato
I don't think this is a game for completionists :p I usually discover the planet. Fly around for a bit looking for anything interesting then fly off if I can't find anything good. Found a massive monolith earlier. But it wasn't activated. I wasn't sure how to activate it either. It was one of the ones if you walk through it it warps you somewhere random in the universe. Lol.

One

One

Soldato
I don't think this is a game for completionists :p I usually discover the planet. Fly around for a bit looking for anything interesting then fly off if I can't find anything good. Found a massive monolith earlier. But it wasn't activated. I wasn't sure how to activate it either. It was one of the ones if you walk through it it warps you somewhere random in the universe. Lol.

I probably would have stayed there a while!

Finally found a planet I can just roam around on without having to worry about hazards, it's only taken 4 systems and 11 planets to find. I might try and complete this planet! I think there's a trophy for that so worth it I guess.

Soldato
Put 4hrs in tonight:

2 suit upgrades
Warp drive up and running
500k in the bank
Only been on three planets

Loving the little puzzles to solve on some of the transmissions etc.

Man of Honour
This game is stunning

It's everything I've wanted in a game without realising. I've spent 8 hours on it today and all I've done is visit 3 planets. The fact that there isn't much to do is for me, the best bit about it. There's no pressure to do anything, you can do what you want, when you want. I actually love exploring in this, it doesn't feel tedious doing the same kind of stuff across different planets, because so far, all 3 planets have been hugely different. I've had a rocky, barren planet, a planet that was a lot of water and caves then lastly, a planet with loads of colourful vegetation and it looked beautiful. Some of the views in it when flying around are just breathtaking

I have to hand it to Hello Games, they've really delivered with this. I wasn't really that excited up until this week, and that was only because of the hype, but i've always been skeptical about the concept and how it would be delivered, but so far it's exceeded my expectations and then some.

I love that my planets that I've discovered are unique and could potentially be found by someone else who can visit them and see what I've discovered etc. I'm yet to warp, I've got 5 planets in my current system and I plan on exploring them all before warping :D

Money is really easy to come by in this game I've found so far, got just over 1.5mill, but then I've been lucky with one of my planets being full of aluminium and gold

One

One

Soldato
Things that are slightly annoying me so far: storage capacity, pirates, and sentinels. Basically everything which presents a challenge :p

Associate
I've stayed away from commenting on many game threads, trolls and such. But why are the majority of people focusing on the negatives.

It's a truly sad fact to see what the gaming industry has become.

Seems like removing innovation and new ideas is the new...but challenging ideas and new possibilities are met with anger and hate.

This game from what i've seen pushes many envelopes and many boundaries.

Seriously tho_if you don't enjoy it. Don't play it. #MEH

Soldato
I'm going to wait a week or two the pick it up second hand as I think there will be a lot of barely used copies soon. I'm still intrigued by it, I think it'd be ideal for a few hours every so often as a mellow alternative to more "focused" games.

Caporegime
I've stayed away from commenting on many game threads, trolls and such. But why are the majority of people focusing on the negatives.

It's a truly sad fact to see what the gaming industry has become.

Seems like removing innovation and new ideas is the new...but challenging ideas and new possibilities are met with anger and hate.

This game from what i've seen pushes many envelopes and many boundaries.

Seriously tho_if you don't enjoy it. Don't play it. #MEH

As opposed to focusing only on the positives? I see you have a very objective and balanced viewpoint.

Most honest review I have found seems to be this one, even though the score is perhaps a tad harsh http://www.thejimquisition.com/no-mans-sky-review/

Last edited:
Soldato
As opposed to focusing only on the positives? I see you have a very objective and balanced view.

There's a new game out that by all accounts from people that didn't think it was ever going to be something it isn't, is a very good game. It's not perfect, but it's a good game.

Not your kind of game? Fine. The way the gaming community loses it's **** and everyone has to **** off games they don't like, throw abuse at developers etc....it's a really sad state of affairs. Why are so many people so desperate for the game to be a failure? I really don't understand it.

The gaming community never used to be like this back in my day *grumble*

Soldato
I'm glad it's selling a boatload. Something fresh and new. There is nothing else like it out there.

I'm sick to death of rehashed EA / Ubisoft rubbish. The game critics seem to lap it up, they love it.

I would give NMS a 7 / 10 for gameplay, but for imagination it gets a 10 / 10. That's the important part.

If someone said to us 5 years ago.... imagine a game where you can hop in a spaceship and venture into the stars where there are thousands of planets and being able to land on any one of them....

Nobody would have believed it. People like Jim Sterling have absolutely no imagination. For a reviewer to not be imaginative is pretty alarming. The game cannot be reviewed in under 40 hours of gameplay, it's just impossible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom