• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Great news!

Another very large batch of Nitro stock is leaving Hong Kong today, that means by next week we would have cleared all our backorders, so everyone who has pre-ordered a Nitro card will have it by next week, guaranteed. :)

Awesome!
This competition winner is looking forward to installing his prize!
:)

Associate
Does that fan on the back plate help? I haven't got room in my case (mATX)

Your memory is good mine starts getting errors after 2125

Giz

Yes it does and by quiet a lot. If you also look at the end of the card you'll see a small notepad. It seems to help also!

The fan however certainly gave me an increase in GPU speed and mem speed (can push close to 2200 without errors now compared with 2150. (edit: It's sucking not blowing..oo er missus)

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Yes it is! I've had it close to 15 years. I don't think I've cleaned it much, just an occasional hoover!

I was going to say they don't make them like that anymore, and I'd have been right. :)

My minor OCD wouldn't allow me to do that with my own PC's.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've spent about an hour on the phone to someone at AMD today troubleshooting something not relating to my 480 and the chap was kind enough to confirm that indeed there is a 490, and a 495 (dual-GPU?), in the pipeline. It's just a case of when if he's to be believed. Can't see why he'd lie about it though.

Last edited:
Associate
I was going to say they don't make them like that anymore, and I'd have been right. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've spent about an hour on the phone to someone at AMD today troubleshooting something not relating to my 480 and the chap was kind enough to confirm that indeed there is a 490, and a 495 (dual-GPU?), in the pipeline. It's just a case of when if he's to be believed. Can't see why he'd lie about it though.

I doubt he will be working for AMD much longer then :eek:

Caporegime

That might be the GPU for me then...

DHR

DHR

Soldato
If mine ships today, I'm thinking life will be a little emptier without looking at this thread every hour to see where everyone is at :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom