Poll: Tap Water. Do you drink it or use Bottled water?

Do you drink Tap or Bottled water?

• Tap

Votes: 554 89.4%
  • Bottle

Votes: 66 10.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I don't live in Lincoln, I live about 5 miles out in the middle of a field. A series of events led to it costing about £16,000 to reinstate the mains water supply. A well fitted for 7k was a much more viable option.

No, the well water is not the same as Lincolnshire tap water. This is the problem with most people, they make arrogant statements based on absolutely zero knowledge. The well is 46metres deep and takes water from a table which starts in Leicester. It runs through a shed load of everything on its way here. It isn't treated or filtered. It is perfectly safe to drink in the short term but if you would care to educate yourself on the long term consumption of excessive zinc, you will learn that it is not something you want to be doing. Linked to countless cases of brain and other organ issues, particularly in rural parts of America where they exclusively use domestic wells. You haven't tasted my water, I am not exaggerating when I say it taste like blood. The water has been independenly tested and zinc and iron are over the uk/eu specification.

Caporegime
Bottled water, I buy them cheap at Costco. Something like 48 bottles for a few quid.

Tap water here, especially in London where I live is disgusting. Awful taste to it due to the lime scale and hardness of it.

Won't touch tap water unless I'm dying of thirst and even then I feel like throwing up :/.

Man of Honour
You do realise that's likely to be just bottled tap water right?

for some of us though, tap water isn't sparkling, so couldn't really careless where the bottled water comes from. however im not buying anything other than basic stuff, not asdas though that does taste wrong.

Associate
Assuming it is crap. How do you know about the zinc and iron levels in your water?

Assuming it is crap.

When the well company visit the site, they drill a borehole and test the water in a lab. The report comes back. The client and the well company have a conversation and proceed as necessary. I then had the water retested after a couple of months and it showed much the same results with slightly more iron this time.

Soldato
Depending on where you live some people might recommend a water filter to take away some of the hardness and a few other bits and bobs that loons would think is put in to control the mind by the water companies.
I work for one of those water companies.
We already control your minds. We don't need to put anything in the water!!

I read so much about how harmful tap water is but is it really?
You're welcome to come tour our facilities and see everything.
We mix it all ourselves - 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen, shaken over ice.

If it was harmful, any one of our MILLIONS of customers can test what comes out of their taps and independently verify it, before deciding whether or not they have evidence with which to sue us... In fact, many have done such tests already. No-one has sued us over water quality so far...!!

What do you do? Ta
Drink beer, like a real man!!

Back
Top Bottom