• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Had my 4GB card in for a day and had a little play with Wattman. Haven't gone too crazy. Seems to be stable at 1360mhz Core and 1950mhz Memory. I think it has more in it for memory though.

Upgrade from a 5850 (oc'd) has seen my Unigine Valley Benchmark go from 18fps to 53fps :D

... I got my haribo ;)

What are you using to overclock? Wattman?

If I play with my memory clock at all it doesn't seem to like it. I put it to 1780 earlier and my PC hanged. GPU clock seems less temperamental.

One thing I don't understand about the Nitro is the power target. Sapphire Ed said they've already whacked up the power target. So is 50% above the power target essentially 50% on top of a 50% increase?

Soldato
What are you using to overclock? Wattman?

If I play with my memory clock at all it doesn't seem to like it. I put it to 1780 earlier and my PC hanged. GPU clock seems less temperamental.

One thing I don't understand about the Nitro is the power target. Sapphire Ed said they've already whacked up the power target. So is 50% above the power target essentially 50% on top of a 50% increase?

I don't really fully understand it either.

Yeah, using WattMan. If I go any higher than 1360 on core, my PC crashes.

Associate
Disptched for tomorrow!

Do you guys all pay for Firestrike? or is there a free.

I'd like to do a before and after but i'm not paying £20 for 2 tests lol.

I paid for 3dmark, in a steam sale at some point for like £3 or thereabouts. There's a 3dmark demo, though I don't know which benchmark it includes.

If you're just wanting to compare before and after it doesn't really matter what benchmark you run though tbh - only need firestrike to compare against others.

Associate
Disptched for tomorrow!

Do you guys all pay for Firestrike? or is there a free.

I'd like to do a before and after but i'm not paying £20 for 2 tests lol.

Steam has a demo which includes Firestrike but you can't change the settings. This is in a way a on advantage as it makes it easier to compare scores!

Unigine Heaven 4.0 is free and another good benchmark.

Associate
So, my order finally shipped today, 5 days after I was originally charged. Does anyone have any experience ordering from OCUK to the US? Apparently there was some issue with my address... Regardless, it should be in the mail now, so hopefully that's the case. The only other time I've ordered something that was shipped via DHL it was such an awful experience that I ended up getting a refund. Then to my surprise, over 4 months later the package arrived at my address. Hopefully this will not be a repeat of that...

Associate
So, my order finally shipped today, 5 days after I was originally charged. Does anyone have any experience ordering from OCUK to the US? Apparently there was some issue with my address... Regardless, it should be in the mail now, so hopefully that's the case. The only other time I've ordered something that was shipped via DHL it was such an awful experience that I ended up getting a refund. Then to my surprise, over 4 months later the package arrived at my address. Hopefully this will not be a repeat of that...

I ordered from the US also. My ordered was processed and shipped on friday... But did not get shipped by DHL until Monday. Right now it is Tuesday and it has arrived at LA customs. It arrives tomorrow!!! It's my first time I am ordering from OCUK. So far so good. :D

Associate
I have one on pre-order (8gb OC) and it hasn't been shipped yet, whats up with that?

They mentioned yest that they wouldn't have time to process all the pre-orders so some will be sent today, mine just got done in time about 5.20 I ordered on Aug 8th so if you where more recent than that it'll prob be sent today

Associate
358sc9t.jpg
Just got it delivered, came with haribo! Result!!:D

Last edited:
Associate
I have had my Nitro+ OC 8GB since Monday and i have to say i am very pleased with it .Out of the box it is very quiet (i can barely hear it over my case fans even when doing Time Spy and my fans are big/quiet 140mm up ).Scores 4261 graphics score out of the box in Time Spy , hopefully Trixx 3.0 will be out soon so i can have some more fun with this card.At the moment i can run games on 1440p with more than playable frame rates .This card is slightly faster than a R9 290 OC'd to 1150/1520 (Time spy 4049 graphics score).I will hopefully receive my 2nd Nitro+ soon and will be interesting to see how these do in CF .Thank you OCUK a very good card and the Haribos were nice :D

Associate
I've been using the percentage clock slider.

Nothing crashes at +8% (about 1400MHz) but it doesn't maintain that clock 100% of the time at standard power target.

I actually got a faster Firestrike score at stock clocks, which I can't figure out.

Associate

Nothing crashes at +8% (about 1400MHz) but it doesn't maintain that clock 100% of the time at standard power target.

I actually got a faster Firestrike score at stock clocks, which I can't figure out.

Sounds like throttling ,you might want to set a custom fan profile to cool it down if you already have not? :)

OcUK Staff
OP

It won't to maintain boost clocks especially when overclocked you need to increase power target, I just set +50, it will then maintain those clocks but could be unstable if the card is not kept cool enough to stay at 1400Mhz.

Back
Top Bottom