New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Nice heads up. I pre-registerd for both apps (Allo as well).

Looks like the apk is here already.

As you run the app though, it says it's only for testers and you can't call anyone with it :(

Probably a staggered roll out starting with the good old usa, Was hoping Allo would come first as thats an app i would use more.

Edit, the Allo APK has also been leaked, but like the Duo app it wont work unless you are a tester.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you install the newest APK yesterday? There was a second released in the afternoon (the first was called video calling for me when I installed it, second was called DUO)

Ok i wasn't aware of that, mine is still the Video calling one, so will look for the latest APK now.

Edit; working now with the latest APk. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are these not too late?

I mean I can call anyone with Whatsapp/messenger. That's a 100% of anyone I would anyway. No one is going to download another two apps for the same thing.

Just read up on them both, and there brilliant. But alas if no one uses it, it's useless to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Duo is now available officially in the store. Had a play and I'm impressed with it. Will gently build up the contacts.

The knock knock feature is brilliant.

Caporegime
Can anyone recommend a lightweight music player please? Haven't used locally stored music for a while and have recently started to. I'm using google play music and I can't help but think it's a resource hog. Phone gets very hot and battery takes a dive :confused:

Any recommendations welcome!

Back
Top Bottom