***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Soldato
Because they are worse than Daily Quests when it comes to requirement to log in and invest time daily or risk a quite significant monetary/item loss.

On top of this it was just another way to remove the interaction with other players.

You used to form groups across your server for dungeons and travel together. Then it was x realm so you no longer see people from your server other than standing about in a city. Then you don't even see them there as everyone sis in their garrison lol. Was just a terrible addition overall.

Associate
I resubbed a few months back and must be one of the few people who quite liked the Garrison missions and questing system. I found it to add a little variation to the theme for me. Start the quests off when I leave for work, cash in on my return..

Plenty of interaction doing other stuff like raids and dungeons etc.

Soldato
I also loved Garrisons, i loved the interactions with them, in the early WOD days the invasions were fun too.

Now i mainly use them for tradeskills.

To the people saying Invasions are pointless as the gear will be replaced, this is very true, but if you use a Lvl100 boost you end up with lvl640 gear if i recall? you can replace most of this by invasion gear as its lvl700. But yes you will still replace it in Legion probably in the first zone.

I have been using the time while waiting for Legion to level Alts, level tradeskills, farm achievements and currently, farm mounts.

Now that we can solo Upto endgame Cata raids, i normally clear a lot of them for Transmog gear and mounts, the added gold also helps. Plus some of the raids i never saw, so its good fun to go in and just check out what the bosses looked like, obviously you pretty much 1 shot them all, but atleast you get to see the zone and see the models etc.

Also they nerfed invasion XP, but today they kinda hotfixed it, while the actual stage EXP has been reduced, they have increased the kill exp of the mobs, i have not tested it yet but its a good way to get exp for alts as the mobs all scale to your level, and the gear thats rewarded is priced at lvl100, so you can farm a decent bit of cash while doing it. As the invasions get more commonplace it will be easier to hop from zone to zone picking up exp, lob in dungeons between them and i bet you can get from 1 to 100 fairly quickly if you really went for it.

Associate
I was also someone who had not played since cata, didn't take long to get back into the swing of it, the fundamentals are still the same really.

I've got my Monk to 83 so currently back to cata content, looking forward to try Mists and Warlords content as I make the push to 100.

Soldato
I was also someone who had not played since cata, didn't take long to get back into the swing of it, the fundamentals are still the same really.

I've got my Monk to 83 so currently back to cata content, looking forward to try Mists and Warlords content as I make the push to 100.

Nice, personally i hated Pandaria content, dunno what it was about it but it just felt meh to me. WoD has been pretty good, the inclusion of the zone area objectives for exp bonuses was a good idea.

Soldato
Also they nerfed invasion XP, but today they kinda hotfixed it, while the actual stage EXP has been reduced, they have increased the kill exp of the mobs,

Unfortunately they haven't fixed the xp penalty for higher levels tagging mobs. Trying to kill the infernals for about 3.3k exp, another player comes and hits it once and you end up with about 120 exp.

So instead of the invasions promoting people playing and working together, people trying to level alts are having to avoid other players. :(

I understand they are trying to combat people just afk'ing for the stage complete rewards but that buff to mob exp isn't going to help much when there are more people trying to find and solo kill them.

Associate
Nice, personally i hated Pandaria content, dunno what it was about it but it just felt meh to me. WoD has been pretty good, the inclusion of the zone area objectives for exp bonuses was a good idea.

That's a shame to hear but should be able to power through it if needed.

Quite liked the DH starting area chain and it felt like a fun class to play. Have not spent my 100 boost token yet but thinking of a shamen as never played them before.

Soldato
That's a shame to hear but should be able to power through it if needed.

Quite liked the DH starting area chain and it felt like a fun class to play. Have not spent my 100 boost token yet but thinking of a shamen as never played them before.

Have a good read of the beta forums on classes before using your token, afaik Shaman are not in a good place right now for their specs, Would suck to use the token and not enjoy the class.

Soldato
How are discipline priests now, especially for pvp? That was my main.

Also how is shadow?

I play disc priest in Pvp and PvE and its my prefered spec. im having a blast. Im not very good at it though :p but i like the hybrid style. Shadow i find boring but ive heard several saying its quite strong. Dunno if its true.

Associate
It wasn't a hybrid when I was playing in Cata! Was a healer focused more on absorbs and damage prevention back then. It's more healing through damage now..?

Back
Top Bottom