• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I must have been really lucky. Am on the latest drivers and am having none of the issues mentioned above. GPU Load is normal, Fan speed control works. The memory doesn't clock particularly high without getting some crazy artifacting, but that's what i get for cheaping out and getting the 4GB one :)

Associate
Is it normal that the Wattman is causing my the core/memory clocks to go up/down really fast? Also when this is happening the GUI responsiveness of the wattman intermittent. Its like is syncronized with the up/down of the core clocks

Soldato
I dunno then you'll need more data but I've only ever had a coloured screen freeze whilst over clocking my nitro. Try under clocking?

Giz

It only does it with google chrome, its 100% stable at full load in games/benchmarks.

I've searched and a few people have the same issue at low loads (YouTube etc).

Maybe I should just do a fresh install of Windows10, it might get rid of my mouse corruption issues I've had since getting this 480.

Associate
Anyone getting crashes in overwatch? I keep getting booted out and it'll say my rendering device has been removed.

Generally finding everything a bit buggy. Wattman will crash just trying to open it half the time.

Soldato
Anyone getting crashes in overwatch? I keep getting booted out and it'll say my rendering device has been removed.

Generally finding everything a bit buggy. Wattman will crash just trying to open it half the time.

I had issues with the division.

2 x BSOD about a problem with the drivers and then once back on the game refused to load. never had any issues before installing the latest drivers and I even then used DDU to make sure it was a clean install of the drivers.

went back to 16.6.1 and played the game for 2 hours + last night and not a single crash (im on W7 64 bit)

Associate
It only does it with google chrome, its 100% stable at full load in games/benchmarks.

I've searched and a few people have the same issue at low loads (YouTube etc).

Maybe I should just do a fresh install of Windows10, it might get rid of my mouse corruption issues I've had since getting this 480.

Maybe see what speed it's running at in chrome and bump the voltage up at that stage in wattman?

Soldato
Firstly, my setup is a fairly unusual one - I have 3 screens I change between separates and merged in Eyefinity depending on if I'm gaming or not, and a separate screen above them (so I change between 4 screens and 3 merged plus 1). Ever since Crimson came out, I can't use the Quick Setup option because if I have all 4 screens on my GPU, it merges all 4 into a single Eyefinity Group, and if I have 3 on my GPU and the separate one on my onboard Intel, Quick Setup tells me it can't do anything. Using the Advanced Setup, I can change my setups correctly, but it's extra steps and a bit annoying. I've had a couple of rants in this thread as nothing has changed since Crimson was launched and I felt a bit forgotten.

Last week, I decided to try Quick Setup again (I currently have 3 screens on the GPU, 1 on the onboard), and it worked perfectly - all 3 screens merged and the fourth stayed active and above them. I then discarded the setup in Quick Setup, and it went back to four separates, again perfectly as I wanted it! :D

Matt, I don't know who had a look at the Eyefinity code within the latest Crimson driver, but I am very, very grateful they did and can confirm that (for me at least) it now works perfectly. I owe someone a beer. :) Thank you so much, it really is nice to feel that a big company like AMD is still interested in the little details that only affect a few rather than always just focussing on the 99% of people.

Associate
I'm having trouble with CrossFire stuttering in certain (many) games since Windows 10 Anniversary update ... Dirt Rally / Black Ops 3 .. key problem games... something like GTA V is flawless though (so damn smooth!) ... I'm not intelligent enough to discover whats causing the problem .... I'm just quietly hoping a driver update fixes my problem. Any word on this?

Associate
I'm having trouble with CrossFire stuttering in certain (many) games since Windows 10 Anniversary update ... Dirt Rally / Black Ops 3 .. key problem games... something like GTA V is flawless though (so damn smooth!) ... I'm not intelligent enough to discover whats causing the problem .... I'm just quietly hoping a driver update fixes my problem. Any word on this?

tried reinstalling the AMD drivers after the update? using something like ddu to remove the drivers first then install the new ones.

Associate
Anyone noticed increased temps with these latest drivers? I noticed my 290X was hitting 76 Celsius in World of Warcraft the other day... Which is very high for this card with Vapor-X cooler, and this specific game - pretty sure it was around 60 to 65 Celsius about a month ago.

It's never at full GPU usage either, as this game at 60 fps doesn't need that performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom