Man of Honour
OP
I've changed day 3 based on a tour of Switzerland I'm starting today.

We don't do the Grand Saint Bernard pass, but we do 3 others in its place and we do the Centovalli the next day instead. It also avoids some average roads in Italy.

Soldato
Kreeeee, unrelated to this trip. But can you recommend any passes/rides in the North of Switzerland? Coming down through Germany potentially and would like to make way down into the country through some decent routes.

Man of Honour
OP
Furka, Susten and Grimsel are incredible roads, and there's not much decent of any length above them. It's mostly beautiful lakes and the odd km or two of nice sections further north.

Man of Honour
OP
Here's the dinner plan for at least one of the nights:
Pizza%20Oven%20Cropped%201280px.jpg

Yes that's a photo I actually took of my lovely pizza oven in use :D

Man of Honour
OP
The weather is perfect at the moment, just having a family house warming party in the 3 square kilometer garden, then off up a few mountain passes to aid digestion :p

Life is very difficult.

Man of Honour
OP
3km square garden you say... No dirtbikes? :D

Well an 800m2 plot for the house and garden and the rest are fields we own.

I think you'd get shot for having scramblers here :p

Edit: The pizza aftermath:
Pizza%20Aftermath%201280px.JPG

Words cannot describe how hot this is! I had the phone in there for one second and it was almost too hot to touch.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So reading your post on the other thread, do you think I will need to fit my oem silencer back?
Shouldn't be louder than 80db right? do you know the rpm for that?

Is it loud enough to draw attention is the main question. We're avoiding some of the more retentive areas so as long as it's not obnoxious (and you don't upset my lovely neighbours) you should be fine.

Don't remove the baffle anywhere in Europe though if your aftermarket exhaust has one. If you don't have one, put the stock cans back on.

The official limit is the db rating of the vehicle as it left the factory, and should be stamped on the vehicle's your VIN plate. My Street Triple is (for some bizarre reason) 94db!

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a look at your routes and this looks like an awesome trip, gutted I'm only allowed 1 trip a year (bosses orders!).
May I recommend on your day 5 route, before you head into Morzine turning left at Taninges and riding the D308 before rejoining the main route up into Les Gets. We did this road this year and it was a great little pass with very little else on the road.
Another recommendation would be the D338 up toward Avoriaz out of Morzine and back down the D328, an excellent road and a very fun switchback climb on the way up.

Back
Top Bottom