• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
See if they will match price. Gibbo said the Gaming X would come down in price as supply increased. At least one supplier in the UK has held stock of the Gaming X for the last 48 hours (still has stock). You never know!

I'll see where things are on monday, with more stock of the Sapphire Nitro+OC coming next week, being a fan of Sapphire and how reliable they have been for me in the past, i can see me ending up getting the Nitro+OC. My current Sapphire Dual X 7950 is over 4 years old now and still going strong :)

Problem is i have a red theme in my case now so the MSI 480 would look kinda nice in there :p

Associate
I'll see where things are on monday, with more stock of the Sapphire Nitro+OC coming next week, being a fan of Sapphire and how reliable they have been for me in the past, i can see me ending up getting the Nitro+OC. My current Sapphire Dual X 7950 is over 4 years old now and still going strong :)

Problem is i have a red theme in my case now so the MSI 480 would look kinda nice in there :p

Im sending my Nitro +OC back in favour of the gaming X. The Coil whine and Fan noise are strong in my Nitro.

Associate
I've been hearing a lot about needing to update MoBo BIOS for the card to work, and I'm getting my 480 next week. Is this something for all boards, or just some? Mine hasn't had any updates since 2010 :I

I updated my Sabertooth 990fx as ASUS just published their first BIOS update for that board in over 2 years. Unfortunately it didn't like something on my setup (system kept freezing) so I flashed it back to the earlier BIOS. I don't think the dreaded Windoze 10 anniversary update helped so I rolled that back too. :D

Associate

Unscrew the backplate and dip it in a semi-transparent red paint to colour the white parts, then set the LED to red and you have a black and red colour scheme ;)

Associate
I've had the Nitro OC 8GB installed for a few days now and it's been brilliant. I've ordered a decent Corsair fan to replace the Aerocool exhaust one on my case, but the temps haven't gone past the late 70's.

Maximum settings in XCOM2, No Mans Sky at maximum with extras through Wattman. Looking forward to finishing GTAV at max/60fps settings once I've cleared my gaming backlog.

:D

I'm on a Sony TV from 2015 at 1080p. Great input lag, but bad tearing until I set the frame rate limit to 59. Superb since.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guy doesn't like the noise of it then nor the high operating temperature.

Funny how his reviews for the most part neglect to include fan noise, only when he wants to have a whinge about it. Oddly enough he's reviewed asus 980ti cards in the past he claimed were "whisper quiet" and that was contradicted heavily by other reviews. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he's sponsored by asus and his shelf is a nvidia advertisement behind him.

Associate
Very disappointed with the memory on my 4GB model. Can't even bump the memory to 1800MHz without it crashing/artefacting.

Meanwhile the GPU clock will happily hum along at 1415MHz.

Back
Top Bottom