Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato
As much as i'm sure it helps plenty of people most of the electronic aids have no place in Racing, at a recent BSB race the glorious noise was ruined by the horrible "Buuuuurr" "Buuuuur" noise of all the TC bikes in the Superstock 1000, was much nicer seeing the big superbikes sliding around the corner :D

Man of Honour
The main reason I don't like electronics (apart from flattering poor riders like me) is the future costs of ownership. You can't repair them yourself and will rely on main dealers to maintain and repair these systems as they inevitably fail over time.

Soldato
Yeah I've heard from a few people recently that some small independent garages wont work on things like the new R1, ZX10 and BMW because they don't have the facilities to diagnose problems.

Surely it wont be long until people work out ways to plug them into their own laptops to work stuff out? I mean we can already plug in certain year bikes ECU's and program them yourself.

Man of Honour
It depends on how the manufacturers setup their systems. If they encrypt things then you have no choice but to go with a main dealer of someone who has paid through the nose for their diagnostic kits.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My uncle is a mechanic, he has 6 laptops and there's pretty much no car that he can't get into. :p People from eastern europe will come up with software that will crack that encryption, its just a matter of time. ;)

In Poland someone has managed to get into the brand new Mazda 6 within 40 seconds and start it up. No alarm going off... that's scary when you think about how vunreable some of the newer cars are to hackers.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My uncle is a mechanic, he has 6 laptops and there's pretty much no car that he can't get into. :p People from eastern europe will come up with software that will crack that encryption, its just a matter of time. ;)

Only if it is poorly implemented. Proper encryption isn't hard to do and is technically impossible to break before the heat death of the universe. These manufacturers are just blase about the encryption but that is slowly changing.

Source: my professional career involving decryption ;)

dsb

dsb

Associate

A quick spin through the New Forest. Make sure you subscribe, or at least press the add if there is one lol.

Back
Top Bottom