• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

980ti sli or single 1440p 144hz

Associate
Hi,

Im currently running dual 980ti's in sli and was wondering how much a performance hit you guys think i will get on average if i sell one of my 980ti's and just go single card?

I have an asus pg279Q rog swift gsync and usually have no problems hitting 120fps+ at 1440p in most games, however i only really seem to play League of legends, warframe and Wow at the moment? im guessing i'll still prob get 120fps in league with just 1 card or am i wrong? thanks.

Associate
If those are the only games you're playing at the moment and you can get a reasonable amount for one of the cards then I'd say yeah, go down to just 1 card.

Associate
OP
If those are the only games you're playing at the moment and you can get a reasonable amount for one of the cards then I'd say yeah, go down to just 1 card.
ok cheers i'll sell 1 of them.

Here's an idea. Disable SLI, and see for yourself! It's not science rocketistststssts.

Timmy, what have i told you about forgetting to eat breakfast before school? It makes you grumpy!

Last edited:
Soldato
A single 980ti & 1440p will cope with those games no problem.
I've run the same set up for a while minus the 144hz, & not had any problems maintaining FPS, albeit I'm limited to 60hz due to the monitor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom