Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
Hmmm, the jury's still out on this one for me.

So far, no crashes or graphical glitches, but the game just feels a little clunky and the constant cutscenes when you incapacitate an enemy are fairly annoying. Think I can grow to like it though.

Edit: Didn't realise it was running at 60Hz. Changed it to 144Hz which has improved it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just in case you're doing it wrong, you don't start on the one that's highlighted blue but on one of the grey faded ones connecting to it (apologies if you have been doing this).

I restarted the game and used the keyboard instead of the controller and it worked although I'm not really sure what I done. Probably is me being stupid.

Have to say the first couple of hours with this game has been total frustration (not the gameplay itself just the pants performance).

Associate
Edit: Noticed huge improvement in stuttering by ticking exclusive full screen, frame rate hasn't actually improved (still average of 50fps at 1440p) but stuttering is significantly less noticeable. Give it a shot if you haven't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Running this with an AMD 8350 and a 980ti. With all settings maxed out and at 2550x1440, it runs very smoothly. Will have to check actual fps later. One ctd in four hours of play though.

Soldato
I restarted the game and used the keyboard instead of the controller and it worked although I'm not really sure what I done. Probably is me being stupid.

Have to say the first couple of hours with this game has been total frustration (not the gameplay itself just the pants performance).

Seems a weird issue using pad in hack mode. To select a box you want to activate, the cursor with controller has to be slightly to the right of the box you want to select I am finding. Not an issue with KB&M though.

How are you lot finding the actual gameplay?

Great fun, if you liked HR, you will like this one. lots of ways to achieve objectives and love the hub environment thus far.

Associate
FPS is a killer for me, im getting around 50 FPS and insome cases 35 FPS

The game doesnt play well with SLI it seems

My specs are

2x 980 Ti
i7-4790K overclocked to 4.4
16GB Ram
Windows 10
Res: 3440 x 1440 @ 100Hz

As you can see the game is poor optimised or the latest Nvidia drivers need an update

I should be getting a lot higher FPS

I shouldnt have to decrease graphics settings

Caporegime
I shouldn't have to decrease graphics settings

Why? Nixxes who made the PC port said Ultra is more for cutting edge/ future hardware.

Very high settings with no MSAA and Anisotropic at 16x looks great and plays above 60fps on my (Maxwell) Titan X.

I do have an SLI system but I believe it doesn't really help much at the moment.

The DX12 patch in 2-3 weeks should help though.

Associate
Why? Nixxes who made the PC port said Ultra is more for cutting edge/ future hardware.

Very high settings with no MSAA and Anisotropic at 16x looks great and plays above 60fps on my (Maxwell) Titan X.

I do have an SLI system but I believe it doesn't really help much at the moment.

The DX12 patch in 2-3 weeks should help though.

Because if SLI was working, we wouldnt have this discussion

6epHJ5F.png
Even with the above constantly up and down. Im on the second tutorial and getting 53 fps

Very disappointing

Back
Top Bottom