The next Labour leader thread

Soldato
yes and whats wrong with that?]at the moment you'll have far right winning every election. where a center right would win some as well.

this is the problem with sticking up for your idiology, you **** the country up and are so blind you cant see it happening. there is very little support for a true left wing party in the general population. not only do you not get your left wing policies, you allow an extreme right wing authoritarian tory party in time and again.

corbyn simply has to go, or he will damage the uk even more. as there is no chance he will get elected as pm.

The trouble with your scenario is you effectively disenfranchise a whole swathe of the population as they do not want to vote for either. This will manifest itself in socially disruptive behaviour as it has time and time again in History.
You mean the Tories are not pushing their ideology/ have not done so since Thatcher moved away from the political consensus?
Corbyn's support despite his failings is a manifestation of rejection of the status quo.

Man of Honour
its nothing of the sort and not it wont lead to that stuff.
you can still have left wing parties, make a new party and be like green party, if you get enough people and campaign well you can still exert some influence over the leading party.

all your doing is being stuborn and allowing tories to do what they want.
they couldnt do that when they were in a coalition, or when labour where in your view torie light.

all you lot and corbyn are doing is screwing the country over by allowing tories to win so easily. and the policies they enact are even further away from what you want, than if labor where more central.

train gate is funny, its amazing how many intelligible people are saying you cant sit in a reserved seat lol. pretty much none will be reserved for the whole journey and if you;ve already gone by the reserve station and they haven't taken it, then its free as well. corbyn the 8888 who didn't get away with his propgander.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah yes, but what happens when the Government overspends again and has to make cuts?

It's pretty clear to me that Governments getting involved in companies, in general, run them pretty badly.

It's also clear that when private companies are given public money to run services, they run them pretty badly, whilst someone always gets exceedingly rich.

Here in Cornwall we've just taken BT to court and won. The Council's IT had been out-sourced to BT, who had then made a complete hash of everything, destroying the quality of service provided, firing about 25% of staff, whilst giving management *massive* pay rises to stay on side.

In the end the level of service became so bad that front-line public facing services could not function. The remaining non-managerial staff could not cope, morale was non-existent, everything went to ****.

And this is BT. A supposed triumph of capitalism. But could they run our IT? Could they ****. Two years into a 10 year contract the agreement was terminated via the courts. And now we're in the painstaking process of rebuilding the service we had before the outsourcing. Only we can't afford to bring back the staff we had before.

Soldato
Well well... seems Branson may be getting investigated for DPA breaches.

Watch the RT video, youtube. Case closed, lying press BBC (again). Ive just submitted my complaint. All i need now is a decent hashtag

#Bransonpayyourtax

Soldato
I was quite optimistic when Corbyn announced his left wing economists think-tank but it seems to have been an entirely wasted effort and they've not picked up anything much from them.

Could've been a worthwhile initiative not just for Corbyn but for whoever followed him as leader, but, no, we'd rather spend precious time at rallies.:o Little surprise they got frustrated: emotional tub-thumping and hard policy work are orthogonal to each other. I suppose good ideas submitted by members at conference will have to do in its place.

Soldato

Watch the RT video, youtube. Case closed, lying press BBC (again). Ive just submitted my complaint. All i need now is a decent hashtag

#Bransonpayyourtax

You need some salt to go with that 'chip'. That's the very large one on your shoulder. :p

Man of Honour

#Bransonpayyourtax

Thats OK. I've just made a submission that the journey and Corbyn's presence on it was already in the public domain, and that there is a public interest in exposing deliberate and wilful dishonesty in public office.

#savelabour

Soldato

#Bransonpayyourtax

maybe Corbyn should #notlieandfakephotoandvideoshoots

The man is really toxic to politics and the sooner hes out the better

Associate
You took the words right out of my mouth there Billy. He did what he thought was right at the time. Let's not forget Sadam was murdering hundreds of thousands of his own people through genocide.

Just to be clear, you believe stopping hundreds of thousands of deaths is justification for causing hundreds of thousands of deaths?

Besides, I'm pretty sure Saddam did what he thought was right at the time.

Soldato
You need some salt to go with that 'chip'. That's the very large one on your shoulder. :p

That's called my trap thanks ;)

Thats OK. I've just made a submission that the journey and Corbyn's presence on it was already in the public domain, and that there is a public interest in exposing deliberate and wilful dishonesty in public office.

#savelabour

A private entity doing it and you agree? Hmmm

Its already been stated that multiple people were on the train at the time and confirmed this. Let me make it simpler:

CqonjhNVYAAJS9s.jpg

and to give a more accurate idea of a 9.30 train:

CqptbPFXYAAYlRR.jpg

maybe Corbyn should #notlieandfakephotoandvideoshoots

The man is really toxic to politics and the sooner hes out the better

What a silly statement... Toxic to politics? He must be one of those slow burn methods... Eg 40years...

Man of Honour
Its already been stated that multiple people were on the train at the time and confirmed this. Let me make it simpler:

CqonjhNVYAAJS9s.jpg
The train had left it's origin and was not due to make its first scheduled stop for a further 2 hours. These were either unclaimed seats or seats not reserved until much later in the journey. They were available for use. But regardless, the previous coach was unreserved and had many vacant seats.

You even point out that some of the seats even in the reserved coach are vacant.

It was a mid morning long distance train out of London. These are not the trains that end up rammed.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29938498 said:
The train had left it's origin and was not due to make its first scheduled stop for a further 2 hours. These were either unclaimed seats or seats not reserved until much later in the journey. They were available for use. But regardless, the previous coach was unreserved and had many vacant seats.

You even point out that some of the seats even in the reserved coach are vacant.

It was a mid morning long distance train out of London. These are not the trains that end up rammed.

But the clear flaw in your argument is that other people were not sitting in reserved seats. Had he sat in a reserved seat imagine the headline we would now be debating.

Have you ever sat in a reserved seat? I have and my 8month pregnant partner did at the time... Guess what the passenger who had reserved these seats was insisting...

Back
Top Bottom