• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

AJK

AJK

Associate
Game plays pretty well for me!

i5 6600k @ 3.8GHz
GTX 1070 @ 1556/1758MHz
1920x1200 resolution @ 60hz

Using Ultra settings with MSAA off and the following changes:
Contact Hardening Shadows turned down from Ultra to On
Volumetric Lightning turned down from Ultra to On

Getting a constant 50+ FPS (only about 4 hours into the game) which works fine for me, and like others have said is much better than the benchmark. (Also have Adaptive VSync on - doesn't make much difference though as I'm not above 60FPS.)

[EDIT] Benchmark result - Average: 55.3 / Min: 46.3 / Max 63.4

Last edited:
Soldato
Any SLI users - that actually have the game, I don't - tried this SLI bits trick yet using NV inspector? It's the same trick/ bits as Rise of the Tombraider (RotR) which improved SLI scaling quite a bit

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/355043117528043956/

I will say though, I was using the above fix for RotTR but found when I got a few levels in the sky and some lighting effects would flicker, so I sacked it.

Associate
Performance is quite decent on my Fury X in game. I would say average on 1080p @ ultra is somewhere around 75. Lowest I've noticed have been around 60-65 fps. I do get cpu bound though in city.

Game actually has pretty good cpu threading even under DX11. Ofc for AMD users driver overhead does give some problems.

Here is some screenshots from cpu usage between threads:

Driver overhead causing small negletion in gpu usage:
Driver%20overhead%20causing%20low%20gpu%20usage_zpsynqowoat.png

Gpu-limited:
gpu%20limited_zpsyl2li2vc.png

You can easily see that AMD driver thread is causing small cpu bottleneck in first screenshot, eating almost whole performance of one core. Which isn't there in 2nd screenshot.

Soldato
Performance is quite decent on my Fury X in game. I would say average on 1080p @ ultra is somewhere around 75. Lowest I've noticed have been around 60-65 fps. I do get cpu bound though in city.

Game actually has pretty good cpu threading even under DX11. Ofc for AMD users driver overhead does give some problems.

You can easily see that AMD driver thread is causing small cpu bottleneck in first screenshot, eating almost whole performance of one core. Which isn't there in 2nd screenshot.

I found my CPU usage maxed at just under 40% at 1440p High settings. It's most likely down to the larger amount of NPCs and debris and being at 1080p in your case.

Hopefully AMD does address somethings with a driver, as so far only NVIDIA has one out.

Although the Fury X does beat out a stock GTX 1070 at 1440p, even with them having a new driver.

Last edited:
Associate
I found my CPU usage maxed at just under 40% at 1440p High settings. It's most likely down to the larger amount of NPCs and debris and being at 1080p in your case.

Hopefully AMD does address somethings with a driver, as so far only NVIDIA has one out.

You shouldn't really look overall cpu usage that much compared to single threads. Especially main DX thread and AMD driver thread.

Not much AMD can do with their driver though for cpu usage. It has been their problem for a long time. What they can do for us Fury X users though, is enable Dynamic memory, as I noticed it ain't using any of it atm.

DX12 atleast solves the driver thread bottlenecking us AMD users.

Soldato
Y
Not much AMD can do with their driver though for cpu usage. It has been their problem for a long time. What they can do for us Fury X users though, is enable Dynamic memory, as I noticed it ain't using any of it atm.

DX12 atleast solves the driver thread bottlenecking us AMD users.

Yup, my GPU dedicates around 3.8GB at max, but dynamic usage topped at just under 400MB. It's just nothing at all.

It'll be interesting how much the DX12 update helps; it should at least alleviate the minimum fps troubles that creep up.

Interesting that the GTX 1070 at 1440p Ultra has the same minimum fps issues as well though, so it might just be a game engine issue somewhere.

Soldato
Is the game worth a buy chaps? Not looked into it and not really playing much at all at the mo in this very hot weather but will grab it if it is worth a play. Ta :)

Well so far story wise it is interesting; and carries on 2 years after Human Revolution. One thing I missed from the first was the Yellow and Black theme for lines and interactivity. Here it has a thin little white line, that highlight just about everything. Gets rather annoying, but can be turned off.

Performance isn't great at high res if you so much as touch Tessellation, MSAA, Hard Contact Shadows, and anything related to Ultra; and the game does have a nasty bit of input lag.

Other than that, it looks decent and is fun. Just run it at around High settings and you'll get over 60fps on average, but do expect some dips into the 40s on occasion.

Last edited:
Associate
Is the game worth a buy chaps? Not looked into it and not really playing much at all at the mo in this very hot weather but will grab it if it is worth a play. Ta :)

It is worth it. Good story so far and gameplay itself works. Also game does run pretty well despite all the salty comments based on benchmark. Then again this is graphics forum so it's natural most comments are biased towards performance and looks instead of gameplay.

Soldato
The DigitalFoundry takes gander into the game.

Man. POM set to Very High just doesn't look good to me. Reminds me a lot of Crysis 3's implementation, where it includes this *super* raised look with the raised sides quite blurry/stretched and completely and utterly unrealistic looking.

I'm not sure what the performance penalty for it is, but I feel it's worth turning it down a notch regardless. It just looks ridiculous.

Associate
It looks like HL2.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Very similar in visual style apart from the fact that everyone could run it at max settings (Actually I must admit I can't remember that far back) :p

From some of those comparisons of volumetric lighting et al, I cant see much difference between high and ultra. Although I am getting old and I need reading glasses now. :)

I for one would gladly sacrifice a bit of detail for a smoother performing game, especially if I couldn't really tell much between them.

Still it's harder to judge when you havent got the game running on your own machine and you are relying on videos etc...

Hopefully, AMD will have a patch out soon and it will give us a performance boost. I hear DX12 is coming too....mind you if it's anything like ROTTR's DX12 patch then it might not be so good (IMHO ROTTR DX12 was the poorest implementation of DX12 I have seen). Be great if they could get it running on Vulkan....okay I'll dream on. :D

Soldato
This year all AMD evolve games are the worst port of the year.

Hitman 2016 (Mostly negative reviews in steam)

Total Warhammer ( mixed reviews)

Deus EX (entirely broken and bad engine)

Nvidia sponsored

Rise of the Tomb Raider (88% postive reviews )

The Division ran equally on each system (77% postive reviews)

Mirror Edge 2 Ran equally on both AMD and Nvidia

Paragon running good on both

In 2016 any game ,which is related to AMD is totally broken on PC and Console fell like more superior.

Is your life centralized around how crap AMD are or something. Give it a rest.

Back
Top Bottom