The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
I have the same issue with mine, can't turn the screen on and off again unless i unplug it.

Is there a 3rd party PSU that will do the job? I did see somewhere that the PSU used for their laptops is the same as this? dunno if thats true?

I bought 19V 4.74A 2.5MM ASUS G1SN GENUINE AC ADAPTER CHARGER for £13 and it solved all issues:)

Associate
RMA collection for my swift tomorrow...

Bit of advice if possible please as this is my first RMA experience:

The email from ASUS asks that I provide the monitor to the courier unpacked - is this because he's bringing a replacement and will just transfer mine into that box? The emails I've received have been a bit ambiguous!

Cheers.

Associate
Yep he switches it with the one in the box, did you get a replacement power supply too?

Ok, cool thanks Artery. They've asked that I don't send the PSU back so I'm not expecting a replacement.

Am I expected to remove the base? I remember when I first unpacked the monitor it was attached. Also worth noting that the monitor has been fine for 20 months prior to this, no issues at all.

Associate
Got a replacement today. ON/OFF button, gsync light and red light on base not working.

No access to menu either as none of the panel buttons do anything.

Any ideas?

Associate
Guys how can I still get screen tearing in Wolfenstein the New Order,with this monitor?
I think it work for a while,but not for long???(I'm puzzle with this)
I set refresh rate to 60hz (I'm aware that the game is cup to 60).
Red light is on during game.Gsync works great in Witcher 3,Doom,Deus Ex HR

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Got a replacement today. ON/OFF button, gsync light and red light on base not working.

No access to menu either as none of the panel buttons do anything.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the old Asus of just sending you out someone else's RMA return and hoping you go away.

Guys how can I still get screen tearing in Wolfenstein the New Order,with this monitor?
I think it work for a while,but not for long???(I'm puzzle with this)
I set refresh rate to 60hz (I'm aware that the game is cup to 60).
Red light is on during game.Gsync works great in Witcher 3,Doom,Deus Ex HR

Don't set it to 60Hz - even with the game capped it should still work fine with 144Hz - G-Sync seems to be a bit buggy with recent drivers - I've seen a few times where it just randomly seems to drop out in the middle of playing a game and/or appears to be reverting to plain V-Sync behaviour. Also due to the way WNO works you will need to play it with fullscreen and window mode G-Sync enabled as it doesn't use a proper fullscreen mode.

Associate
Sounds like the old Asus of just sending you out someone else's RMA return and hoping you go away.

Yep, could be the same one they gave to Worthy earlier in the thread.

Got another replacement today though and, for the time being at least, it's fully working :)

Soldato
A friend of mine has one of these that developed a problem with annoying visible lines after it's been on a couple of hours, in games and on the desktop. He's thinking of RMAing but after reading this thread I'm not sure what to advise him to do. If he gets something back with terrible backlight bleed or dead pixels can he refuse it?

Associate
seems like a lot of RMA business to finally get a decent screen, I really wanna get the Asus PG279Q but on average ppl seem to be returning them until the 3rd one or so that does'nt have bad back light glow or other screen issues

Associate
RMA are still an issue with these screens I own 5 and it took me on my 5th one returning it an extreme 6 times to get a screen that was decent without dead pixels.

I would love to know how asus quality control these screens.

Man of Honour
I would love to know how asus quality control these screens.

Quality control lol... I just finally got around to opening my last one up to see if I could fix it myself - the FPGA is just casually held in place by presuure from the back of the panel itself and the back casing (no proper fixings*) which means any heat gets transferred directly to the other side and the whole design internally is basically a joke like someone whipped up in their garage as a prototype.

* There are plastic tabs in the back housing to stop it moving left/right but only pressure from the panel itself stops it moving in other directions - there was once some adhesive and a bit of tape but they long ago stopped functioning due to heat and would have been entirely inadequate anyhow.

Man of Honour
Don't think so - not got around to testing but wasn't just loose soldering as I'd hoped but the displayport socket seems to have degraded internally so would have to replace it entirely probably.

I've only unplugged/plugged it in like 4 times and always careful so not like its wear and tear unless someone at Asus was rough with it before it got to me.

Back
Top Bottom