• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
So, do you need to disable/uninstall Wattman before using Trixx? :confused:

I havnt, seems to be running ok.. i just set all the Wattman settings to manual and let Trixx take over.

Also i just got 'what looks stable' after running 3DMark multiple times with zero artifacts.. a 1400Mhz Core overclock on my Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4096MB. May try push it further as the memory looks a bit dodgy at around 1875Mhz.. seems stable at 1850Mhz :)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14388584? 11,857

Edit, oh and a 16% fan speed in Trixx is giving me nice idle temps of 28c-29c.. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I havnt, seems to be running ok.. i just set all the Wattman settings to manual and let Trixx take over.

Also i just got 'what looks stable' after running 3DMark multiple times with zero artifacts.. a 1400Mhz Core overclock on my Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4096MB. May try push it further as the memory looks a bit dodgy at around 1875Mhz.. seems stable at 1850Mhz :)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14388584? 11,857

Edit, oh and a 16% fan speed in Trixx is giving me nice idle temps of 28c-29c.. :D

I can manage 1800 top before anything stops. saying that, I got better on the older drivers. I'm on 16.8.2.

Soldato
Got the 8 gb card installed, after following this thread I'm running the latest drivers and didn't install gaming evolved and everything is running sweetly.

Idle is about 54c and high 70s under load, currently running at stock with no changes to the fan settings. Hw monitor show the gpu load to be constantly 100% but I think this is reading incorrectly.

Will carry on at stock for a bit and when i have some spare time will speed things up a bit.

Overall very happy with this card :)

Associate
Got the 8 gb card installed, after following this thread I'm running the latest drivers and didn't install gaming evolved and everything is running sweetly.

Idle is about 54c and high 70s under load, currently running at stock with no changes to the fan settings. Hw monitor show the gpu load to be constantly 100% but I think this is reading incorrectly.

Will carry on at stock for a bit and when i have some spare time will speed things up a bit.

Overall very happy with this card :)

Do you find the fans noisy at all on the default settings?

Associate
I've been streaming No Mans Sky via Steam to my laptop and turned on AMD hardware decoding. Highest temp has gone up to 85! Should I switch it to software or maybe the Intel GPU?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I was woken up by a truck outside our window and someone fiddling with our mailbox, so I checked and it was DHL!
Ran out with just a long hoodie on after remembering that I can't go naked to get packages, and got our cards today! 19 hours from OCUK to our door in Sweden, and the cards run like dreams. A well needed upgrade from a HD5850 and a GTX570 :D

Associate
Got my RX470 sapphire blower card. It's much faster than my old R9 270. Just waiting on afterburner to support it for fan control. As my PC is in a large case and on the floor by my desk I don't find the blower noise loud at all. Had to upgrade my PSU which was an old Akasa 450w which had been powering my old card but as soon as I tried to load up doom pc would power off and then power back up. Guess it was the psu tripping out. Now I have a cx600 it's working fine. Had my 450w for the last 3 builds and must be about 8 years old so it's definitely time for a change.

Overall, very happy with the Sapphire 470. Doom running over 100fps ultra 1080p.

Saved lots over the 480 and will keep it. Just make sure your PSU is good :)

Will benchmark this week when I get time and post update.

Associate
Stock problems were supposed to be over by now but my RMA has just finished being processed and the 10+ available 4gb models that were there when I sent my card in are now all gone. Any word on new stock?

Caporegime
Stock problems were supposed to be over by now but my RMA has just finished being processed and the 10+ available 4gb models that were there when I sent my card in are now all gone. Any word on new stock?

I ordered my 8g nitro on the 18th and still no stock. Plenty of 4gb and 8gb Oc's but no stock of the standard. I would change my order but the price of the oc version has gone up....

BF1 beta is starting on Wednesday as well :(.

Associate
I am absolutely loving my Nitro+ CF , i have had my second card few days now and i can say its been fun.I have had a chance to play with the new Trixx software over the weekend and managed to clock both cards to stable 1400Mhz :D link below to my 28300+ graphics score :D I have also been playing some games and these cards have been solid (i can finally have steady 60FPS on my heavily modded Fallout 4 ..weeeeee) :D

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9967900

Associate
Has anyone tired to use the new Sapphire TriXX to overclock their RX480 and is there any significant gain compared to using Afterburner?

I overclocked my 2 cards to 1400Mhz ,I could not unlock voltage with Afterburner (well infact it did not allow me to do anything :D ) , but Trixx was great ,had to pump voltage to 1.25 to get a stable OC on 1400Mhz ,not sure i am comfortable running that 24/7 but should i need a boost i can do that :D

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well without playing with voltage I've got mine to 1385/2100.

I increased the power limit to 30% though.

Pretty sure there must be more there but just a little unsure what safe power tweaks are for the 480. Any pointers?

Back
Top Bottom