Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
Performance for me on a 980ti @ max and 2560 was flawless up until the last patch. Now, I'm getting quite severe stutter and menu hang every few minutes. I was really enjoying the game, but turned it off out of frustration last night. You'll probably be ok.

I'm on a 980ti and had to turn textures down to very high to stop stuttering and menu lag. Not enough vram.

Man of Honour
Mouse Accelleration, why?!

Any idea how to get the mouse smooth and raw?

I think the mouse sensitivity is affected by framerate :( I noticed it was inconsistent as I moved around a scene. They did atleast put in settings to control X and Y sensitivity - on release there was a 5% difference between them. I dunno why it is so hard for developers to get mouse code done properly in this day and age.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As I am stuck and cannot progress in the main campaign on M12 until they fix it, I decided to give Breach mode a go. Finished the first area and got give a free praxis kit for the main game, so I had a look and I got 11 praxis kits waiting to be used for my next playthrough :D

So far I am enjoying Breach, seems to be fun, will certainly keep me busy for a few days while waiting on a patch to fix the problem I am having so I can continue the main game. Anyone else playing this mode?

How many Breach Software's have you guys found? So far being on M12 I have got 23 out of 30 available :D

Associate
Jokes aside, I got my first problem too 40 hours in. On mission 12 at the moment with all side quests done. When I go subway in mission 12 to get to the other side, it crashes. Tried going different stations, tried validating steam files etc, no luck. At first I thought it was my overclock, as I got my 1070 running 2101MHz stable, but even at stock same issue. Looked around the net, loads of people having it it seems :(

Just out of curiosity have you tried the beta builds they provided to roll back to previous revisions to see if that can get you past the problem area?

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build 524.6 and v2.0_build 524.7, that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just out of curiosity have you tried the beta builds they provided to roll back to previous revisions to see if that can get you past the problem area?

Indeed I did, no luck :(

I think I explored so much, that I broke the game. lol

Wonder how long it'll be before I do something stupidly reckless on my attempted 'I Never Asked For This' playthrough...

Is there a way of backing up this save so if you mess it up to continue from where you was? I say this as I recall reading if you die, you start from the begging. More likely than dying would be setting of an alarm or something. Would be painful abandon say 5+ hours of gameplay.

Associate
Finally completed my first play through, stealthy and non lethal, only took 58hrs :eek:
For all the time spent exploring I still think I missed a fair few things when I look at the stats...
Completed Side missions SM00-SM12, found 12 POI missions.
Did not get the achievement for reading all the e-books, I read 65, no idea how many there are.
Only found 17/35 triangle codes.
Only found 24/30 breach software.
Other stats: picked up 124 pocket secretaries, read 267 emails, found 46 story items.
Got the Tarvos, TYM, and Picus Vault keycards but didn't go to Pallisade Bank when main missions forced a choice on you. (Choice between M11 and M12)
Next play through will be a slaughterhouse, everything will die :D

Soldato
I think the mouse sensitivity is affected by framerate :( I noticed it was inconsistent as I moved around a scene. They did atleast put in settings to control X and Y sensitivity - on release there was a 5% difference between them. I dunno why it is so hard for developers to get mouse code done properly in this day and age.

Because copy/paste from console is why :/

Mouse controls was probably slapped on at the end.

Caporegime
Anyone doing a ghost run?

Questions re: golem and side mission 6

After Talos rucker is killed, I made my escape but after the cutscene where you run to the copter and land back in Prague I just got smooth operator and not ghost. Now is that because canonically you are discovered as part of the story?

Also towards the end of the side mission with the old Eliza Cassan a.i, 4 picus goons turn up at your apartment. 2 inside and 2 on the grounds of the apartment. Can't work out how to knock the final guy out without someone seeing and it starting a panic. Presume you lose the ghost bonus when a civilian sees you doing some fighting?

Soldato
Anyone doing a ghost run?

Questions re: golem and side mission 6

After Talos rucker is killed, I made my escape but after the cutscene where you run to the copter and land back in Prague I just got smooth operator and not ghost. Now is that because canonically you are discovered as part of the story?

Also towards the end of the side mission with the old Eliza Cassan a.i, 4 picus goons turn up at your apartment. 2 inside and 2 on the grounds of the apartment. Can't work out how to knock the final guy out without someone seeing and it starting a panic. Presume you lose the ghost bonus when a civilian sees you doing some fighting?

I didn't get ghost on that Rucker mission either, not sure why. As for the guys in the apartment, you can escape out the bathroom window and avoid all of them.

Soldato
Is there a way of backing up this save so if you mess it up to continue from where you was? I say this as I recall reading if you die, you start from the begging. More likely than dying would be setting of an alarm or something. Would be painful abandon say 5+ hours of gameplay.

Probably but the whole point of the mode is the risk of dying and losing everything.

Major 'oh ****!' moment when I was trying to clear out some of the enemies outside the signal booster room and I accidentally got spotted. Waited for them to close in and ran past them with silent steps + cloak active and hid in a corner ^^

Also taking the Stun Gun is definitely the way forwards on the first level. Unless the lethal weapon you get comes with a silencer anyway. Made short work of the 'Defend Singh' part sneaking around with Smart Vision active, taking everyone out with the Stun Gun, lobbing a couple of gas grenades into the large group and spamming Biocells.

Soldato
46 page thread, so apologies in advance if this has been covered to infinity.

How's the performance for 980ti SLI / 3440*1440 UW?

This is one of the few games I fancy picking up this year.

Pretty solid after trying it with a pair of TX's (Maxwell). Will need to turn down some of the OTT settings which make no visual impact (IMO) but will be able to get a solid FPS and maintain 60 fps most the way through no issues.

Soldato
Also taking the Stun Gun is definitely the way forwards on the first level. Unless the lethal weapon you get comes with a silencer anyway. Made short work of the 'Defend Singh' part sneaking around with Smart Vision active, taking everyone out with the Stun Gun, lobbing a couple of gas grenades into the large group and spamming Biocells.

Singh and your squadmates can take care of the gold masks. For that bit, I just cloaked up and went straight for the chopper. Didn't bother attacking any enemies. Found Singh at the TF29 offices later in the game, so it's not like he's actually in real danger at that point.

Soldato
Singh and your squadmates can take care of the gold masks. For that bit, I just cloaked up and went straight for the chopper. Didn't bother attacking any enemies. Found Singh at the TF29 offices later in the game, so it's not like he's actually in real danger at that point.

I'm not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but on the hardest (not the one you have to unlock) he dies in less than 2 mins. It doesn't quite give you enough time to save him on a ghost run. However, I found that making a mad dash for the chopper with stealth and silent feet just triggers the cutscene and awards ghost for saving him.

Back
Top Bottom