• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Associate

Marvelous, many thanks!

Can't believe how much smaller this card is compared to my 660ti, and I thought that was reasonable! Does make you wonder why they don't try something similar with their 1070 range. Others are making m-itx 1070s, and EVGA clearly have a decent cooling design to apply, even if it might need some enhancement for 1070 temps.

Associate
Marvelous, many thanks!

Can't believe how much smaller this card is compared to my 660ti, and I thought that was reasonable! Does make you wonder why they don't try something similar with their 1070 range. Others are making m-itx 1070s, and EVGA clearly have a decent cooling design to apply, even if it might need some enhancement for 1070 temps.

Yeah it's a bit odd. With the exception of the massively oversized Asus card (and bloody overpriced too!) and the top-end MSI cards I don't see the need for 2 & 3 fan coolers. But maybe it's just EVGA as you said.

Associate
How easy / safe is the process for updating the BIOS on a GPU? And does it invalidate your warranty if something goes wrong?

Flashing is incredibly simple. In this instance you literally just download the new bios, press 1 key and then restart. That's it, done. It's not very dangerous. Of course this only works for single fan EVGA GTX 1060's. Don't try it if you have a different card.

Also, that link is from EVGA themselves, so it doesn't break warranty. Not at all.

If the flash does go wrong, I am pretty sure you can flash it back to the original bios. However, this is very very unlikely especially as the flash is coming from the manufacturer themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom