Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I'm getting some serious stuttering now. All of a sudden the screen is completely freezing for a second or 2 and then releasing again and repeating yet when I try the benchmark it's fine - 42 FPS. It does seem to be in certain areas although they don't look significantly different in terms of the graphics. I dropped all the settings down that I could without restarting and that made no difference so I don't think it's a capability issue. Looking at the power indicator lights on my Fury X card they are fluctuating down to 1 when it freezes then back up to fully lit when it releases. I've ran MSI Afterburner and everything looks ok - plenty of usage and temperature headroom. Anyone any idea what could be going here or anyone experiencing the same thing? I had just unlocked the boarded up Limb clinic when it started.

Edit: Rebooted the PC - changed to lowest settings - benchmarking 55 FPS but still stuttering in game - dropping down to 3 FPS. Went back to some of the areas I had been before without issue and getting the stuttering and FPS drop there now too...

Ok so I reloaded the previous save from before the stuttering started and now it's fine. Even went back to the same place, the limb clinic but no repeat of the problem. This game has issues...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone know if its possible/how to cycle through quickslots with the mouse wheel? I've got the wheel bound to next/previous slot and things assigned to slots but nothing happens.

And the changing mouse sensitivity with framerate and acceleration is just plain nasty I can't believe not a single reviewer mentioned it are they all playing it on the PC with a controller or something? are the developers play testing it on PC with a controller?

Soldato
Singh and your squadmates can take care of the gold masks. For that bit, I just cloaked up and went straight for the chopper. Didn't bother attacking any enemies. Found Singh at the TF29 offices later in the game, so it's not like he's actually in real danger at that point.

I'm not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but on the hardest (not the one you have to unlock) he dies in less than 2 mins. It doesn't quite give you enough time to save him on a ghost run. However, I found that making a mad dash for the chopper with stealth and silent feet just triggers the cutscene and awards ghost for saving him.

Even 2 minutes is optimistic!

I don't remember if I went for medium or hard now on my first playthrough but he died in anywhere from 30 seconds to surviving a couple minutes. His and the enemy AI do not play well with that fire fight. I was savescumming to keep him alive and in 1 attempt and I'd barely had time to take out 4 enemies (with the Tranq Rifle I must add which made it difficult) and he died.

Then again I guess it depends if grounding the chopper ends the level immediately or not. I must admit I took everyone out on my 'I Never Asked For This' playthrough then went back round and quickly looted everyone :p

Soldato
I'm not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but on the hardest (not the one you have to unlock) he dies in less than 2 mins. It doesn't quite give you enough time to save him on a ghost run. However, I found that making a mad dash for the chopper with stealth and silent feet just triggers the cutscene and awards ghost for saving him.

I've been playing on hardest and ghosted it. I jumped down the elevator shaft, sprinted past where my squadmates were crouching (the bad guys won't see you), cloaked, and jumped down. That puts you very close to the chopper. Crouch-walk over to the chopper while cloaked and yank the battery. Total time, probably less than 30 seconds.

That's how I've done it on every playthrough so far, and got the ghost bonus every time. I didn't even know Singh could be killed at that bit.

Soldato
The "boss" battle is pretty ****, he went down in about 10 seconds non lethal on the hardest setting (at the time) :(. End credits photos are so low res :D.

Regardless I enjoyed the majority of this game. Still prefer invisible wars augments/alliances. Choices just seemed shallow in this one.

Did someone say DLC? :confused:

Associate
Why do they still use low res cut scenes in 2016.......its so out of place when it jumps from 1440p to potato looking cuts scenes and then back again.....surely its not hard to have in game video that look remotely decent.

Soldato
Enjoying it a lot so far. Also loving the aesthetic, very pretty game imo on full whack, screenies below (admittedly using my sweetfx profile).

DXMD_2016-08-28_21-10-40-91.bmp.png

DXMD_2016-08-29_09-53-24-33.bmp.png

DXMD_2016-08-25_23-15-18-14.bmp_oU4XqIh.png

DXMD_2016-08-28_16-01-14-41.bmp_xzmtXVV.png

DXMD_2016-08-28_23-25-43-40.bmp.png

DXMD_2016-08-29_09-21-28-98.bmp.png

DXMD_2016-08-28_15-49-13-84.bmp_0nlKU36.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting some serious stuttering now. All of a sudden the screen is completely freezing for a second or 2 and then releasing again and repeating yet when I try the benchmark it's fine - 42 FPS. It does seem to be in certain areas although they don't look significantly different in terms of the graphics. I dropped all the settings down that I could without restarting and that made no difference so I don't think it's a capability issue. Looking at the power indicator lights on my Fury X card they are fluctuating down to 1 when it freezes then back up to fully lit when it releases. I've ran MSI Afterburner and everything looks ok - plenty of usage and temperature headroom. Anyone any idea what could be going here or anyone experiencing the same thing? I had just unlocked the boarded up Limb clinic when it started.

E
yep i have serious stuttering now, all was ok until i got to the the hub in the night time and its a **** show, its like its having difficulties actually loaded it in properly as lowered settings completely and still the same stuttering.

enjoying the game up until this point but they really need to fix it asap

Associate
Have encountered a really annoying bug. After entering the 'secret rave' the dance music loop kept playing infinitely no matter how far I went away from the area. I tried restarting the game and this didn't resolve the issue. I took the metro which did appear to resolve the issue, but then a different type of music (the 'guard suspicious' one) got caught in a bloody loop. Took the metro to get rid of that music and now there's no background music at all.

Bah, almost 20 hours in and this is the first bug I've actually encountered, and it's got to be one of the most irritating I've ever experienced (outside a Bethesda game!).

Soldato
Urgh, I hate the buttons on this game sometimes.

Hold Q for Icarus Strike... land next to the target and lethal takedown instead so goddamn annoying

My favourite is when there's a "knock out all the guards" type mission. When I knock out a guard, the first thing I want to do is drag the body away so it isn't discovered. The control for this is holding E. Whenever you knock out a guard in one of these missions, the mission updates and displays a "hold E to see the details of this mission" thing. Yeah, that can get tiresome. :p

Also, has anyone encountered a bug where you load a save, it tells you to press Space to start, but the game also takes you pressing Space as an in-game action? So if you're in cover at the save point, the first thing that happens upon loading the save is Jensen vaulting over the bit of cover he's hiding behind.

And one that might be just me, but sometimes when I press Esc or Tab to bring up a menu, the game just freezes up for a good 10-20 seconds. Is anyone else getting that?

Soldato
My favourite is when there's a "knock out all the guards" type mission. When I knock out a guard, the first thing I want to do is drag the body away so it isn't discovered. The control for this is holding E. Whenever you knock out a guard in one of these missions, the mission updates and displays a "hold E to see the details of this mission" thing. Yeah, that can get tiresome. :p

Also, has anyone encountered a bug where you load a save, it tells you to press Space to start, but the game also takes you pressing Space as an in-game action? So if you're in cover at the save point, the first thing that happens upon loading the save is Jensen vaulting over the bit of cover he's hiding behind.

And one that might be just me, but sometimes when I press Esc or Tab to bring up a menu, the game just freezes up for a good 10-20 seconds. Is anyone else getting that?

Haven't had any of those issues I'm afraid, the former maybe because I have only objective indicators enabled in the hud, everything else is off.

Soldato

I know what you mean, was so irritating with the log updating after every takedown so if you want to drag the body away it opens the damn mission log!

A few people have mentioned the whole 'pressing space = ingame action' thing. Its seriously annoying. Makes you have to be careful about quicksaving when in combat otherwise you vault over cover and run into plain sight ><

And my pc takes a couple seconds sometimes to open the menu but thats just my pc being outdated.

Back
Top Bottom