Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I have reach M14 again startting from scratch in about 5 hours or so of game time. Not sure how much longer it goes for (not asking) but I can see why some people are complaining about the game being short. Basically if you do not explore much, there is not much actual story content there it seems.

Will see how long it takes me to complete it if I do not get the bug again shortly. lol

Soldato
So I have reach M14 again startting from scratch in about 5 hours or so of game time. Not sure how much longer it goes for (not asking) but I can see why some people are complaining about the game being short. Basically if you do not explore much, there is not much actual story content there it seems.

Will see how long it takes me to complete it if I do not get the bug again shortly. lol

I'd say that's a little wanting your cake and eating it.

You aren't likely to see extraordinarily detailed hubs and mission environments with lots of content in them and also get a lot of them. Sure a few more missions would've been nice (isn't it always?) but if you aren't exploring or doing sidequests then of course you'll be finished in no time.

Soldato
The game is short as they planned a season pass, this is the issue I'm seeing more and more with games, thankfully I bought this and explored a LOT but I could see me speeding through the main missions otherwise.

Man of Honour
Hope they release a patch for the mouse acceleration and sensitivity changing with framerate its killing the game for me :|

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Managed to get past the area I was stuck in on my 2nd playthrough :D

But the funny thing is the patch just came out now! lol. So I can continue my old playthrough.

I'd say that's a little wanting your cake and eating it.

You aren't likely to see extraordinarily detailed hubs and mission environments with lots of content in them and also get a lot of them. Sure a few more missions would've been nice (isn't it always?) but if you aren't exploring or doing sidequests then of course you'll be finished in no time.

I don't know man. Pretty sure HR had a bigger story (and a better one). Also from what I remember I think it would be impossible to complete the original Deus Ex this fast.

Will write a mini review once I complete it :D

Soldato
TNA I agree, even the main city feels small and not alive imho never seen so many people sitting or standing still in streets before.does it ever become night? Only on 5th main mission so maybe it does later?

Soldato
TNA I agree, even the main city feels small and not alive imho never seen so many people sitting or standing still in streets before.does it ever become night? Only on 5th main mission so maybe it does later?

yes it does become night later on. Still no people around

Last edited:
Soldato
There are speedruns of the original game in about 45 minutes or so heh.

Went to look for that out of curiosity, youtube video at 43:20. Skips the first mission entirely by lobbing a gas grenade which makes the guy inside HQ open up.

I lol'd when he ran straight towards the guy patrolling near the docks, then just lobs his stealth pistol on the floor to distract the guard and never even slows down ^^

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just completed my old playthrough, and well, Lol! What a strange place/way to end the game. No wonder people are complaining about that too. Screams DLC, they could not make that much more obvious. Heh :p

Now will finish my 2nd playthrough. My guess is that will take about 30 minutes or less. So basically main game is about 6 hours long then. Lol and I was not trying to speed run or anything, just played it stealth mode rather than guns blazing. Hopefully I get my achievements for that :D

Associate
Change log suggests that the HUD offset issues for 21:9 are fixed. If they are I may have to have a second play through with extra levels of lethality.

We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.2 build 524.15. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the week after release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:
• Fixed a crash during the subway loading scene.
• Fixed issue with loading a saved game while in cover and pressing [SPACE], causing Jensen to vault over cover.
• Fixed crash when leaving for Golem City.
• Fixed issues where the UI was offset at some aspect ratios, such as 21:9.
• Fixed issue where vibration was not working on gamepad.
• Fixed an issue where some keyboard language settings could cause the game to not launch (some users had a workaround by creating a new user account or by changing their keyboard language setting).
• Fixed various issues related to Breach.
• Fixed issues related to Tobii EyeTracking.

Note about performance:
We are seeing people reporting performance issues when playing the game on Very High/Ultra settings with MSAA set to 2x, 4x, or 8x. We would like to emphasize again that these options are very demanding.
We recommend everyone that is running at recommended spec or higher to start with the High Preset and MSAA turned off, and then tweak the options to optimize your experience.

Associate
Still crashing even with this patch :(

Still cannot get the game files to validate. Permanently failing integrity check no matter how many times I re-download 7-9GB.

I thought I'd be patient and wait a week, but am starting to condone some of those early negative Steam reviews. Better be sorted by the time the DX12 patch comes out.

---
Edit: Got round to uninstalling and redownloading the full 20GB. Seems OK now.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm refunding this for the time being. I purchased it from Steam using available funds in my wallet, so I paid the full whack. I'll probably get it from a key site in the near future, since it's comparatively cheaper. Hopefully they will have ironed out the kinks by then. Perhaps DirectX 12 will improve things somewhat.

Soldato
Finished it Monday, everything done but one side mission I didn't find regarding the drugs den, took 15 hours in total which seems short for me.

Ending was ok even getting the 'good' ending.

Associate
I think I'm coming towards the end of the game now, enjoyed it a lot but I just find Prague a little uninspired. I haven't enjoyed this hub nearly as much as I enjoyed Detroit or Hensgha in particular. I'll be replaying the game for sure but have felt that large parts of it have been a little lacklustre. I think I'll play slightly less of a hoarder next time around - I have 20+ biocells/hypostims and hundreds of rounds for 5-6 weapons I'm holding lol.

Associate
Only bought and installed this last night and although I admit I have a beast machine, with everything on high or very high (or ultra) it plays very smoothly, FRAPS tells me it isn't giving me high FPS but it doesn't feel clunky at all.

I just saw those patch notes and hope that the UI fix works. I play at 21:9. When I was tagging enemies using the LDIR (or whatever it's called) the tag seemed to float 3 meters away from where they were. I also had the 'press space to resume' glitch that made me vault over cover straight into 3 enemies laps :)

I spent so much time in the tutorial stage. Really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom