Blinds companies

Man of Honour
Hey guys,

House build is nearing completion and our move in date is fast approaching. Taylor Wimpey have said I can get access to the house at any time with notice so want to start getting things measured up now

I'm looking at blinds and wanted some recommendations for companies? Wasn't sure if it was best to source a good local company or if national companies are just as good/competitive? I'm lazy and clueless, so would rather pay someone to come in and measure as well as fit for me, just so I know it's perfectly done or fixable if not.

It's going to be around 9-10 windows and our patio doors if it makes any difference

Thanks guys

Soldato
diy wise ive used blinds2go on a number of occasions and theyve been perfectly fine, ive had 10 blinds from them and measured and fitted 6 for the mother in law.

Associate
I priced up blinds online and then got a couple of local companies in to quote. Ended up going with a local company. There was not a huge amount of difference in price between the online stores and local companies but i didn't have to wait in for the delivery, fit them myself and liked the idea of supporting a local independent business so the small increase in price i felt was fair. With how many companies there are both locally and online and how similar the pricing and product offering is I wouldn't be too surprised if there were only 1 or 2 wholesalers/manufacturers nationally.

Soldato
Whilst not ordered from Tuiss as yet, both neighbours and a few friends have used them and the blind seem very good quality.

We had some fitted in our lounge bay window from a local blind company, almost as cheap and the benefit of them being fitted for you!

Man of Honour
I bought a TW new build in December 2014 and put some blinds up, if I could do it again then I'd get a company in. It's a PITA with the plasterboard and not knowing where the solid bit is in behind.

Soldato
If you don't want to do them yourself, find a local company. In the North East Solo Blinds are good and inexpensive, they come and measure and leave you with a quote, no hard sell. I find the national chains like Hillarys and Baileys use pushy salesmen (the type with shirt and tie on with old man jumper over the top) with inflated prices.

Associate
Tuiss & Blinds2Go, used both and both were excellent.

Both of these companies share the same address...but Tuiss seem to charge a premium for the same fabrics, just different names (I've ordered samples from both, and they were identical).

Anyway, I ended up buying from B2G in the end and was really pleased with the blinds I received.

Soldato
247blinds are pretty good

Bought about 10 off them, really cant complain about the price at all
Great speedy service as well

I could not recommend 247blinds more.

For Venetian blinds I particularly recommend their Ecowood range which is a plastic composite with wood-look print but don't let that put you off, you would swear they were real wood, even by feel - this makes them ideal for high moisture areas such as bathrooms or anywhere else.

Initially I bought one set for the master bedroom but since have bought three blackout roller blinds for my daughters bedroom (fitted brilliantly, great quality and fittings which are not your typical cheap screws and plugs often supplied), two further Ecowood Venetian blinds in the bathroom which were a doddle to install and lastly have two own brand blackout blinds to fit Velux windows (I haven't fitted these yet).

The last order I made were for the 3x blackout roller blinds, 2x ecowood blinds, 2x velux compatable blinds and it came to around £200. Two windows were small but others were between 1.5 - 2mtrs (H & D).

As I said, the fittings were very very good quality and the products, although simple in and of themselves, are well thought out with clever little touches such as safety runner for roller blinds and lovely matching panel for the Venetian blinds to cover the top of blind.

I will be getting more from them for the kitchen at some point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom