• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
Hi guys,

I really don't know where to post this. Since installing my 480, when i shut down my PC it doesn't actually turn off. Monitor goes off, but fans on GPU and RADs and water pump are still active.

Any idea what could be causing this? Feel like im using windows 2000 having to press the power button in to shut off.

Cheers.

Associate
Assuming nothing else changed, the only thing i can think of is that there's something going on with the power cable you have plugged into the GPU. Do you have any other connectors from the PSU that you could use?

Associate
Anyone else getting high voltage on RX 480 8GB OC Nitro?

My max is 1309813.000 V. Min is 0.001 V (current session of having PC on for about 1 hour).

No overclocking on my behalf.

Associate
Anyone else just use a fixed fan rate? Was having problems trying to find a temp/noise compromise with the fan curve.

Just seemed to always be ramped up, 900-1000rpm keeps it chilly (23-29c) when idle not looked when under load though.

Associate
Anyone else just use a fixed fan rate? Was having problems trying to find a temp/noise compromise with the fan curve.

Just seemed to always be ramped up, 900-1000rpm keeps it chilly (23-29c) when idle not looked when under load though.

No. I prefer to be completely off when idle/desktop and ramping up when under load.

While you may find good temps when idle, i think any long term 100% usage (e.g. gaming..) you may find that 900-100 rpm will not be sufficient. Testing is key :D

Soldato
Assuming nothing else changed, the only thing i can think of is that there's something going on with the power cable you have plugged into the GPU. Do you have any other connectors from the PSU that you could use?

How crazy is the issue though? I will try a different cable and report back. Everythings so snug in there its going to be a right ball!

Anyone else prefer Wattman over Trixx? I am literally only using Trixx to change my LEDs.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well WattMan won't allow me to go above 1150mV on the GPU. Trixx looks like it should allow above and beyond that but I've not got it to work so far.

What's the voltage on the standard 1262Mhz cards for stage 7? The NitroOC+ appears to be maxed out already according to WattMan.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I overclocked my 2 cards to 1400Mhz ,I could not unlock voltage with Afterburner (well infact it did not allow me to do anything :D ) , but Trixx was great ,had to pump voltage to 1.25 to get a stable OC on 1400Mhz ,not sure i am comfortable running that 24/7 but should i need a boost i can do that :D

How'd you manage to increase the voltage to 1.25? Mine shows as 1150mV for the GPU but when I try to increment the voltage it stays at 1150mV.

That's in Trixx BTW. When I look in WattMan it still says 1150mV and then I check it in Trixx and its reverted to the default.

Associate
Hi guys,

I really don't know where to post this. Since installing my 480, when i shut down my PC it doesn't actually turn off. Monitor goes off, but fans on GPU and RADs and water pump are still active.

Any idea what could be causing this? Feel like im using windows 2000 having to press the power button in to shut off.

Cheers.

I've had this issue before on certain AMD drivers (can't remember which one), raised a ticket but AMD couldn't replicate the issue. As soon as a removed the drivers or rolled back the PC would should down fine.

The issue went away with a subsequent driver release.

Associate
So. What kind of idle temps are people getting on the nitro rx480? It feels a little bit high on mine, but want to compare.

I have 51C in a decent airflow case. CPU temp is 34C and motherboard temp is 30C (for comparison).

Associate
Got a Nitro+ OC 8GB on the way!

Gonna be playing DOOM, Warhammer: TW and BF1 in the coming months so I'm in for a treat with this card as it blows away the 1060 in both shooters at least :)

Associate
So. What kind of idle temps are people getting on the nitro rx480? It feels a little bit high on mine, but want to compare.

I have 51C in a decent airflow case. CPU temp is 34C and motherboard temp is 30C (for comparison).

Sounds high to me, have you checked if you experiencing the 100% load bug?

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Pretty much the same as mine until I used Trixx to set a custom fan profile.

I set the fan to 33% up until 50 degrees and it now idles at 28 degrees. At 33% I can't hear it either.

It'll idle at 50/51 degrees as the fan won't kick in until it goes over that threshold otherwise.

Associate
Pretty much the same as mine until I used Trixx to set a custom fan profile.

I set the fan to 33% up until 50 degrees and it now idles at 28 degrees. At 33% I can't hear it either.

It'll idle at 50/51 degrees as the fan won't kick in until it goes over that threshold otherwise.

Yes.. i think the issue is me being an idiot actually :o I realised that 50C is the threshold i have for the fans turning on!

Back
Top Bottom