Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
Just had my Foxiest of the Hounds playthrough ruined right near the end because I didn't know in advance not to contact Miller instead of Vega and the game then conveniently waits till you go through 2 Autosave points before triggering an unavoidable ****ing alarm. Stupid **** like that really ****es me off.

Lost all desire to play this game now.

Oh my god dude that sucks so much :( that is so stupid by the developers, wtf.

Soldato
Yeah I have about 10 saves not including quick and auto save.

I had the same issue and rolled back to the start of that mission and contacted Vega instead.

I was aware there was the potential to do something wrong on the final mission which results in an alarm but I hadn't heard anything about that one.

In hindsight yeah, more save files would've been smart but still, such a dick move. Especially to then wait until I pass a second autosave point and can't roll back.

Reloaded my early game save, went on a rampage, died, quit the game. Now have no desire to play it again just yet. Might go back on RAGE and finish the Ultra Nightmare playthrough I was doing last week.

Soldato
Noticed a glitch last night. If you try and craft a multitool hacking device and you have no room in you inventory, it will use the 120 crafting items but you won't get the tool.

Check the floor. When I combined a mine template and gas grenade without inventory space it had just thrown it on the floor instead.

Soldato
Yeah things just end up on the floor. Its the same when you get rewarded Software from hacks, if you have no space it just drops on the ground in front of the device.

Associate
Guys any idea when is best to do the desperate measures mission? I'm in Prague for the third visit - assuming I should get this done now before moving forward with the main story?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Guys any idea when is best to do the desperate measures mission? I'm in Prague for the third visit - assuming I should get this done now before moving forward with the main story?

Yeah, you can do it, there won't be any spoilers at that point.

It is like a main quest which got ripped out of the main game for some reason. Just to hsay here, free DLC for pre-order or something. Silly.

At least in HR the Tong mission was more well thought out and fit as a DLC. MD just seemed like a cash grab regarding all this DLC and not very well thought out :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Apparently all this micro-transaction stuff was tacked on the very last minute which came as an order from Square Enix Europe branch which is in London. Seems these decisions are made by pure finance guys who do not really care about the game and don't see the bigger picture. The time was being used to polish the game and get rid of bugs, instead they had to rush to make MTs work.

Also Breach mode was an idea from the top to keep people playing and I guess using MTs, was not the idea of the developer's. Even worse it seems the game was split into two and they have another team which has been working on the sequel for MD for over a year now.

The good news is we will probably get a new game in a couple of years. It will likely be better as it will tie up loose ends and end Jensen's story properly.

But yeah, damn greedy cash grabbing publisher messing with the devs is not good for us. I will support devs by buying the game, but never ever will a buy any MT item. MTs in single player games need to die. That model only works for free games, not for triple a games... I do not even use it on free games anyway. Wish it would go away full stop.

Just had my Foxiest of the Hounds playthrough ruined right near the end because I didn't know in advance not to contact Miller instead of Vega and the game then conveniently waits till you go through 2 Autosave points before triggering an unavoidable ****ing alarm. Stupid **** like that really ****es me off.

Lost all desire to play this game now.

Why would you choose Miller in the first place is what I want to know. Lol.

But yeah, that is messed up.

Soldato
I wonder what direction they will go in when Jenson’s story concludes? The timeline is at some point going to encroach upon that of the original, so it makes me wonder if we will see either a remake or perhaps a storyline that runs parallel to that depicted in the first game.

Soldato
not sure why you need micro transactions , i have over 30k in game currency and im only at m6 just by hacking selling guns , and i didn't sell any alcohol so you could have even more.

of course spend 20 k on praxis

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Square Enix has detailed the first DLC update for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The story-based content is called "System Rift," and will feature the return of Frank Pritchard, Sarif Industries' head of the cyber-security. The character was last seen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

"In System Rift you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam's friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group," the publisher explains in a press release.

"Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created--the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the illuminati really are."

System Rift will be available on September 23 through Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and on PC. It will cost £9.59 on Xbox One and £9.49 on PS4 and PC. The DLC is included as part of the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass, so those that own it will not need to pay extra.

The second story DLC included in the pass is called "A Criminal Past" and will be available in early 2017. You can see the full list of all the content you get as part of the pass here.

System Rift will be shown during PAX this weekend.

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun, bring it on :D

Man of Honour
Wish they'd spent some time making the mechanics work nicely - going ADS is a horrid transition and then further ruined by the horrific mouse sensitivity :|

Associate
£9.49 for the DLC having only just released the main game? I sure hope it's got some length to it...I'll definitely be waiting for reviews/forum opinions on that before I pick it up.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£9.49 for the DLC having only just released the main game? I sure hope it's got some length to it...I'll definitely be waiting for reviews/forum opinions on that before I pick it up.

That's what she said? :p

No big deal for me, I supported the devs by buying the digital deluxe edition, so it is already paid for :D

Associate
I'd be happy enough to pay that price for something along the lines of The Missing Link, but something tells me it's not gonna be anything like that kind of length.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd be happy enough to pay that price for something along the lines of The Missing Link, but something tells me it's not gonna be anything like that kind of length.

Hmm... lol :p

On a serious note, I hope if is 4+ hours of content. The story sounds like it will be fun though :D

Back
Top Bottom