• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Hi, anyone tested Deus Ex crossfire profile at all ? I just installed new drivers and not seeing a difference at all. Still works better on single card. Any advice, re-install installations ect ?

Associate
Hi, anyone tested Deus Ex crossfire profile at all ? I just installed new drivers and not seeing a difference at all. Still works better on single card. Any advice, re-install installations ect ?

Just out of curiousity , what cpu are you running deus ex with. Game already takes a lot of cpu when running a single gpu config, so finding extra cpu resources for 2nd card might take or need 12 thread cpu.

Associate
Wow, well that's interesting i've only experienced negative scaling on Dues Ex with my crossfired 290s. I surely have something wrong if you had positive scaling on a 295x pre drivers ! Any suggestions as how to progress ? I'm thinking of uninstalling drivers and going from fresh, good idead, which program to uninstall ? Thanks, K

Associate
Anyone else have trouble getting the drivers installed? Got two W7 installs on the same PC, installed ok on the one but the other just shows this..

HHs5MlTQ.png

Used DDU to unistall old drivers on both W7 installs. Tried a fresh install of windows aswell and it still just lists the package installer and HDMI audio driver, no display driver settings app ect.

Can get the display driver to install via device manager if I point it at the AMD folder but can't get all the other software to install.

Any ideas? Card is 480 Devil.

Associate
There was a guy the other day that posted a video showing graphical errors with the new Crimson drivers in shadows or on walls, kind of like diamond shaped anomalies as you got near walls.

Can anyone remember the fix? as we have a clan-mate who was having the same anomalies last night and had to roll-back the driver to fix it as I couldn't remember what the solution was.

Associate
There was a guy the other day that posted a video showing graphical errors with the new Crimson drivers in shadows or on walls, kind of like diamond shaped anomalies as you got near walls.

Can anyone remember the fix? as we have a clan-mate who was having the same anomalies last night and had to roll-back the driver to fix it as I couldn't remember what the solution was.

I think it was forcing a different type of anistropic filtering through radeon settings other than having it application controlled?! I remember reading that somewhere recently.

Soldato
Anyone else getting an increased frequency of sudden black screens (with the Benq monitor light staying white/active) for a while before getting a reboot, after flicking to a different Chrome tab with these 16.8.3s?

Soldato
Anyone else getting an increased frequency of sudden black screens (with the Benq monitor light staying white/active) for a while before getting a reboot, after flicking to a different Chrome tab with these 16.8.3s?

I get frozen/hung screens (and I have to reboot)... I used to get them a lot. Went through a period of none for a good few months recently. And then over the past month had a couple.

I only typically get them in Elite Dangerous.

I have a BenQ monitor too out of interest.

Soldato
AMDMATT you need to grab a contact and notify them this desktop flickering on freesync at 144hz is still happening when exiting game. Getting ridiculous now, might be cleared up on single card but still happening on crossfire. Just the next thing of things to frustrate that runs on and on and on.

Soldato
AMDMATT you need to grab a contact and notify them this desktop flickering on freesync at 144hz is still happening when exiting game. Getting ridiculous now, might be cleared up on single card but still happening on crossfire. Just the next thing of things to frustrate that runs on and on and on.

I had it happen again yesterday mate. For me I having hard time making it happen seems random.

Soldato
I had it happen again yesterday mate. For me I having hard time making it happen seems random.

yep, although it sounds like it's a lot easier to reproduce on crossfire, mine is 100% doing it everytime I alt+tab out of a game, or exit back to desktop.

I'm at a point now Shanks where I've just disabled the 2nd card, will just run 1 for the time being, will be finding a buyer for my other card. Will then save up and watch Vega closely, if it fails then I'm jumping ship and will sell the Freesync monitor and the other 390.

Last edited:
Soldato
yep, although it sounds like it's a lot easier to reproduce on crossfire, mine is 100% doing it everytime I alt+tab out of a game, or exit back to desktop.

I'm at a point now Shanks where I've just disabled the 2nd card, will just run 1 for the time being, will be finding a buyer for my other card. Will then save up and watch Vega closely, if it fails then I'm jumping ship and will sell the Freesync monitor and the other 390.

Defo needs fixing fast, just happened again after I closed BF1.

Caporegime

Im surprised you never gave up on Xfire sooner, got to hand it to you for persisting for so, so long, i don't know how you did it, ive had Xfire disabled for over a year now, and never looked back, had no problems at all, it really is utter garbage.

Back
Top Bottom