*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;29964473 said:
To late for me and my clan mates... We've been stung before with battlefield titles so the old "This isn't the complete game so you cant judge" will never wash with us again (not that you said that, your point is valid).

Tho cant complain, saved me a small fortune in cancelling my pre-order!

Yup same thing. I'll take a look at it next year.
I signed up for Origin Access the other month to play BFH, £4 for access to the game+season pass (and a handful of other games too) - i quite enjoyed it, but a month was enough, it was a nice change of scenery and the theme never really put me off even if it wasnt my preference. So I might do that in a years time, and if its any good then theres 10% off which probably saves more than £4 anyway, and probably plenty of places selling it cheap too.

Im not doing this with EA & Dice any more. They havent delivered since BF:BC2 IMO, and for all the nice QoL & graphical improvements, they've made key things feel much worse.

Associate
Anyone else had a problem with changing the keybindings for vehicles not working? Works fine "on foot", but none of the keybindings for vehicles (including horses) seem to have been applied. I can see the changes in the key bindings screen, but when I play it's still set to WASD.

Associate
How do you get these Hero pickups?
What triggers that Behemoth?
Is it manually controlled like the blimp in the Alpha?

The heroes/elite pickups are dotted around the map - not sure of the exact location as I've never used one yet.

The Behemoth is automatically triggered for the losing side at some point during the round - usually after half way I think.

Soldato
Alpha was so much better then open beta..

**** battlefield tho so many good games coming out i wont touch this **** anymore

2900 hours on bf3

Around 400ish on bf4 so u can see where im going.. only decent online fps game out atm is overwatch and hopefully new quake game when its released..

Really looking forward to squad aswell when its out of early access..

Associate
gotta say i'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, it's better than battlefront anyway - might pick it up after release when the price comes down

slightly annoyed that you can't take off/land planes or maybe i've just not found one on the ground yet?

also has anyone seen any issues with tearing? i've got vsync off / gsync on and my fps is locked at 100, definite tearing now and again

Caporegime
gotta say i'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, it's better than battlefront anyway - might pick it up after release when the price comes down

slightly annoyed that you can't take off/land planes or maybe i've just not found one on the ground yet?

They spawn in the air like bf4, suppose it stops airfield getting raped or camped by snipers which was a problem in past bf games =/

Associate
The map is crap.
Sniper is basically put cross hair on enemy and easy kill, seems minimal to no bullet drop.
Not seen a single medic pack or revive in that time, reviving also doesn't give you much indication.
I don't feel there is much emphasis on classes.
I don't mind heroes, i'd rather them not there but they're usually easily dealt with.

Like I say its ok, whether it will be just this map but 80% of players use the sniper rifles.

Yeah I agree. It's like some super rare event when someone actually drops an ammo or med pack. So silly.

And yes this map is a sniper fest. That and the scale make it really difficult to play other classes. I did go 20-0 in a tank, which was kinda fun, but the game as a whole gets old pretty fast, just like Battlefront

Man of Honour
The rest, completely agree with too. I dont dislike in-tank repairs, but when they feel impossible to take out for 3/4 of the classes, them being able to repair and suck it up against your 5dmg grenades, 1dmg incendiary, or 5-7dmg sniper K-rounds from a typical sniper distance... they all feel utterly useless, and its not helped by starting without any anti-tank weapon that isnt thrown or dropped in its path

See now I may be unique in this , but I actually think thats precisely how tanks SHOULD be. It should be just the "antitank" class who is best at taking out tanks. (although obviously any class can use one of the many cannons dotted about, I mean in terms of just what the class has). I actually feel that in BF4 there were too many ways to take a tank out, made them seem less like the beasts of the battlefield and more like the toilet paper of the bathroom

Like I say, I went 44-0 in a tank yesterday as a test and I was absolutely gobsmacked that nobody, not a single person in the 32 players on the other side had the brainpower to use a cannon or antitank rockets against me. Instead they just kept running at me throwing nades and making themselves easy kills, all it would have taken was for a couple of them to respawn with the antitank rockets and I would have been buggered, but nope. No adaptability, no thought, no tactics..just run and nade.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As I say, the biggest disappointment for me is actually nothing ingame, its that the game has been met with such dislike here where I expected to find many people to run with. Sadly that wont be the case as it appears the people who are into BF games here just will not be buying it. Which is a shame, but thats the way it goes I suppose !

Soldato
What fps are people getting on what kit?
On my rig 1 (spec in my sig) - at 4K, on ultra (dx12) I'm averaging around 70fps, sometimes dipping to 50/55fps

This rig is driving two 4K monitors that normally has a web browser on it at the same time.

Just wondered how that compares to others?

Soldato
As I say, the biggest disappointment for me is actually nothing ingame, its that the game has been met with such dislike here where I expected to find many people to run with. Sadly that wont be the case as it appears the people who are into BF games here just will not be buying it. Which is a shame, but thats the way it goes I suppose !

Start a steam group maybe and you'll have a list of online people from ocuk who have the game to run with

With modern BF games Im happy just playing the preview and thats it, I dont see them as playable as the earlier ones. Could just be Im older and the game stayed the same, somebody likes them though but I'll go mess around in arma scenarios or similar

Soldato
I think the map plays a big part in the Battlefront comparisons, because it looks quite a lot like one of the maps in Battlefront (visually). I would wager that if it had been the alpha map which bears no visual resemblance to Battlefront at all we wouldnt be seeing half as many Battlefront comparisons being made.

UI is very similar, infantry movement has the same clunky feel as Battlefront, vehicle control seems as cartoony.

I'd say a good 90% of the people I have known from BF2/3 - BF1 won't be picking it up and they have bought all the BF games in between.

Hardline - Battlefront - Battlefield 1 surely have to be up there as 3 of the worst FPS games in modern times.

Man of Honour
UI is very similar, infantry movement has the same clunky feel as Battlefront, vehicle control seems as cartoony.

I'd say a good 90% of the people I have known from BF2/3 - BF1 won't be picking it up and they have bought all the BF games in between.

Hardline - Battlefront - Battlefield 1 surely have to be up there as 3 of the worst FPS games in modern times.

I'm in that 10% who will be buying it :)

Although you didnt know me from BF2/3 so maybe it doesnt count. I have bought every BF game though (except Hardline)

I never played Hardline or Battlefront so I cant comment on those , but I have played several dozen FAR worse FPS games than BF1 in modern times, so I certainly wouldnt put it in the top 3 worst ones. Some of the FPS I have played off steam are total dross in all aspects.

Man of Honour
Downloading the beta now. Havent played any bf games in several months though. BFBC2 followed by bf3 were the ones i enjoyed the most. Couldnt get on with bf4 as much though.

Go into it with an open mind. Given that the large majority on here dont like it, I would guess you'll also not like it too but give it a try and see what you think.

I'm now Lvl 40 in the beta , on 19 hours played. Still having great fun, just logged off after being in an absolutely superb squad with loads of good teamwork and communication.

Back
Top Bottom