*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Associate
This might not be such a bad thing for those who haven't bought yet - if sales dip we'll likely see a price dip too

You think we'll get some money back if we already bought? Perhaps if price drops would better to return for refund and buy again! Either way I'm keeping my free vr and that suitcase samsung Sent for the phone thats supposed to pass for a phone case

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha, not sure I wanted to be the first person to break it... but if that is the only silver lining then I will accept it with open arms :p

Anfieldassasin, when I call Samsung at 9am I will be mentioning the fact that they advertised a case and what we received is most definitely not a case (when people talk about phone cases). Who on Earth would carry that thing around with all their accessories? I'm currently using it to keep my beard trimmer in lol!

Associate
Had mine for couple of days but not taking it out of the house until I get an case on it! I am pretty clumsy.

I received a text from EE about returning the phone but I am going to hold out for them to call me to arrange delivery of a new one.

Associate
Haha, not sure I wanted to be the first person to break it... but if that is the only silver lining then I will accept it with open arms :p

Anfieldassasin, when I call Samsung at 9am I will be mentioning the fact that they advertised a case and what we received is most definitely not a case (when people talk about phone cases). Who on Earth would carry that thing around with all their accessories? I'm currently using it to keep my beard trimmer in lol!

Lol

Soldato
Had a call from EE for both handsets this morning.

An exchange service while the Note 7 is getting sorted. Temporary S7E handsets as stand ins. Not bad service.

Soldato
That's more like it, O2 said I can keep it and return it if it develops a fault or return it now under the 14 day policy. So essentially standard procedure, the recall seems irrelevant.

Mind you she also said 'Majority' of Samsung handsets have faulty batteries, so I didn't exactly have confidence in what she was saying.

Soldato
Earth[Tera].bin;29967914 said:
That's more like it, O2 said I can keep it and return it if it develops a fault or return it now under the 14 day policy. So essentially standard procedure, the recall seems irrelevant.

Mind you she also said 'Majority' of Samsung handsets have faulty batteries, so I didn't exactly have confidence in what she was saying.

That's what I want to do. Hold onto it until replacement phones are better available and then walk down to my O2 store and swap it there and then. Not be without a phone for 2-3 weeks before a replacement is sent out.

There have been no reports (so far) of devices exploding in the UK

Soldato
So after just over an hour of hearing about their amazing washing machine which you can add items mid cycle, I got through to a person.

The guy took my details as well as that of the phone, and said that I would be called within 7 working days with more information regarding the replacement. He said that it will take 3-4 weeks before it is swapped over.

One of the guys on XDA asked me to ask about imported handsets... the guy said that those will need to go back to where they came from as Samsung UK only deal with products bought from this region.

Don
So after just over an hour of hearing about their amazing washing machine which you can add items mid cycle, I got through to a person.

The guy took my details as well as that of the phone, and said that I would be called within 7 working days with more information regarding the replacement. He said that it will take 3-4 weeks before it is swapped over.

One of the guys on XDA asked me to ask about imported handsets... the guy said that those will need to go back to where they came from as Samsung UK only deal with products bought from this region.

By swap over you mean that they'll collect the old device only when they provide you with a replacement? Have I read that correctly?

Soldato
Dude! It's been a while... how are you? Warwick feels like ages ago now :(

It has, nearly 10 years! I'm good - in the city, you?

So my Note 7 I use is from Samsung direct, will figure out the return on that. But the CPW one is sealed, literally just want a refund - don't want to get that confused with the recall....

Soldato
Got a call from Three asking if I wanted to replace my handset with a different kind of phone I said will you refund the £55 I have spent on a Samsung led view cover and screen protector and three said they would not refund that. he was not sure about replacing the note 7 for a new note 7 SO do I call Samsung also?

Back
Top Bottom