How much do you pay for insurance?

One

One

Soldato
20-30
76 Triumph Bonneville
Fully Comp

£170. It's my own fault. I got a letter through saying it was going to auto-renew and I sat on it too long. I probably could have haggled or gone elsewhere and got £50 off that. Never mind.

Soldato
How are some of you guys getting such low quotes with not much experience? Mine are all coming out at £800+ for a 599cc bike after passing the full test. I'm 28.

Associate
To be fair i think mine are quite cheap.....

VTR 1000 SP1 track bike with full track fairing, no lights and after marker high level exhausts
VTR 1000 SP2 Road bike, completely standard
£300 odd fully comp (Multi Bike) with a £125 excess & 6 years NCB
Garaged

SH300i Fully Comp £90 (standard, though that might change as my downpipes are corroding and might need replacing)
3 Years NCB

Associate
How are some of you guys getting such low quotes with not much experience? Mine are all coming out at £800+ for a 599cc bike after passing the full test. I'm 28.
Faired bikes are always much higher than non-faired and if you don't have a garage you best bend over and lube up...

Soldato
Latest quote: Around the £225 mark inc Legal, Gear & Helmet, Breakdown
How many years riding: 13 overall / 9 full license
Bike: Suzuki GSX650F
Type of cover: Fully Comp
Excess: £200
No claims: 1 year

Actually turned out to be this:

£230 inc Legal, Gear & Helmet, Breakdown
How many years riding: 13 overall / 9 full license
Bike: Suzuki GSX650F
Type of cover: Fully Comp
Excess: £300
No claims: 1 year

Last edited:
Soldato
Live in the ghetto? Running quotes for a 600cc supersport or a low power naked?

I went for an SV650S just because insurance wasn't too silly, insurance goes silly after 2-3K value so don't get one too new and should be ok :)

New housing estate. It was for a £4k Suzuki GSX650F. Looks like I'm best reducing my budget! No garage either unfortunately but I can install a concrete ground bar for chaining it up on the driveway.

Associate
It's the fairing and lack of garage, a ground anchor probably won't lower your price by much. Decent choice of first bike (same as mine) though they're a tad heavy!

Soldato
Indeed, i don't quote with security devices. It's only saved £5-£10 tops in the past. It's not worth it for the chance that you might not lock it up.

Young/new rider, with a bike worth over £2500 with fairings and not garaged is where people mostly get stung.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Just renewed for my second year riding so only held a licence for one full year so one year no claims.

39 Years old
Triumph Daytona 675 (2009) estimated value of £6000 (bit high but who cares)
Garaged
Kit cover (helmet leathers etc.)
Breakdown
Legal
Fully comp (SD&C)
Ride other bikes
Pillion
Only security device given was the factory fit alarm
Mileage: 11,000 per year
Excess £650 which I think's a bit high but then I'm a new rider...

£290 a year paid annually (think it was about £330 if I did monthly).

Quite happy as that dropped from £440 for my first year.

Soldato
Down to £320 with TPFT, 9k milage (commute), £3k bike with passenger. If I go to fully comped like I do with my car then it jumps to £650. Both with £700 excess :o I would look to reduce that to £400 max.

Not sure how comfortable I would be taking just TPFT. The cost of the bike I could take the hit for but it is anything else that wouldn't be covered?

Back
Top Bottom