Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
These from homebase

They fit round or rectangular bottles and the ends have a wider curve which fits wax tubs nicely. Collinite Finish Kare etc.

Transfered some of my round bottles to old relabelled autoglym bottles for maximum density.

Three journeys to the shed
1. Pressure washer and extension reel
2. Nested buckets and box with microfibres brushes and applicators
3. Two of the above trays containing all of my products.

I tend to put all of the gear in my boot and just close it over while I'm cleaning, as I don't have a driveway and have to clean at the pavement. Makes me look slightly less crazy as well, the neighbours are bemused enough as it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got both of the AutoFinesse bags, pretty decent for keeping the stuff in, I usually keep both in my car at all times which means I've got a variety of QDs and microfibres if I so happen to need them :)

I've also got a toolbox on wheels which I keep my brushes etc in for washing the car :)

Associate
I know its anal but I hate the Autofinesse font on the bag lol although I like that it has some pockets for brushes etc which the Gyeon by the looks of it does not.

Associate
Nipped in to Autobrite on my way home from work.
Came away with a 5.5" green correct it pad and some renew, which sounds very much like a more intensive cherry glaze.

Gives me an excuse to play in the garage this weekend.

Associate
Tried out the new Da-21 copy. Really impressed with the machine.

Did the bonnet of the mx5 with an autobrite green correct it pad with their renew, which seems to me more of a filler polish with a VERY slight cut rather than a cutting compound, very good for an AIO and the paint looks incredibly glossy.
Now I'd like to be rid of some of the deeper swirls (not bothered about the scratches to be honest) but Japanese paint is rather soft. I was considering Megs 205 or Autobrite Final Finish next, the last thing I want to do as a newbie is go too coarse too quickly.

Any recommendations would be great.

Caporegime
IMG_20160911_093334439_zpsdwvlja5m.jpg~original

IMG_20160911_093344112_HDR_zpsdkgdrijj.jpg~original

IMG_20160911_093410625_zps5lab1gpb.jpg~original

IMG_20160911_093355178_zpssemq1k8r.jpg~original

IMG_20160911_093327613_zpsjnjac4vv.jpg~original

Associate
I seem to be getting small yellow like spots randomly around the car, as the cars white its really noticeable. They are a right pain to get off, anyone know where they come from and best thing to get rid of them.

Soldato
I seem to be getting small yellow like spots randomly around the car, as the cars white its really noticeable. They are a right pain to get off, anyone know where they come from and best thing to get rid of them.
Am also getting a lot of these yellow spots on my white car...:(

I been rubbing them with the sponge I use to wash my car to remove them..

Soldato
Anyone running any kind of water filter to try to remove limescale when they wash there car? Watermarks are driving me nuts :rolleyes:

I wash small sections at a time, rinse and dry, that way the water never dries to form water marks..

It used to drive me mad, and I'd end up us some form of Quick Detailer to get rid, but since doing the section at at time, I've found it never needs it.

Associate
I wash small sections at a time, rinse and dry, that way the water never dries to form water marks..

It used to drive me mad, and I'd end up us some form of Quick Detailer to get rid, but since doing the section at at time, I've found it never needs it.

I use distilled water with 50% QD as a final rinse/clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom