** The iOS10 thread **

Commissario
Rather than have this all mixed up in the WWDC thread, I thought it might be a good idea to keep all the iOS10 stuff together.

It's gone GM. I slapped it on last night and I have to say, I'm quite liking it.

It feels quicker on my 6SPlus than 9.3.5 was and although I'm still getting used to the differences, it's already growing on me nicely. Notifications seem a bit enthusiastic so I'm going to reduce the amount I'm getting from some apps but on the whole, it's a thumbs up from me.

It'll be interesting to see what it does for battery life which I think went downhill a couple of updates ago.

Permabanned
For me when I tried iOS 10 (I think it was B3) battery life improved a lot more. After couple weeks usuage I was getting a few hours more.

It may have been a fluke but I did notice this happened. Can't say after that as I removed it and downgraded back due to some apps not working that I needed.

Soldato
I don't know why people keep installing profiles?? I found the ipsw on a dodgy french site somewhere and download. iTunes verifies the update before-hand so the risk is low.

I also discovered that if you're trying from El Capitan, you need XCode 8 GM installed otherwise you can't put the GM on the phone.

Soldato
Installed the GM last night. Seems nice enough so far, but nothing that major has changing in my day-to-day usage apart from the new lock screen behaviour and the nice new notifications.

Commissario
OP
There's a link to download the profile which allowed me to get the update in this post.

Battery life for me was significantly improved yesterday over iOS9. I'm not saying it was bad on iOS9 but it went downhill massively a couple of releases ago. I still never ended the day below 50% though and I'm quite a heavy user.

Soldato
I skipped all the beta's this time, looking forward to giving the public release a spin also the new Mac OS :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Currently in the process of putting the GM on my phone.

Should really be sleeping :o

Back
Top Bottom