• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Soldato
What is the point of having only 10% performance increase on 1080p, 1440p-5% and 4K none. Really DX12 is really embarrassing in terms of quality and consistent.

What is it doing to the min frame rate though ? That's something we need to see. What I have noticed with DX12 titles is the min frame rate is much higher resulting in much better overall gameplay. Another plus point is frame latency is lower resulting in smoother gameplay, Take Tomb Raider for example
Even at the same FPS under DX12 on my system the game is much more smoother to play vs DX11

They is so much more to it than just MAX or AVG FPS

Caporegime
What is it doing to the min frame rate though ? That's something we need to see. What I have noticed with DX12 titles is the min frame rate is much higher resulting in much better overall gameplay. Another plus point is frame latency is lower resulting in smoother gameplay, Take Tomb Raider for example
Even at the same FPS under DX12 on my system the game is much more smoother to play vs DX11

They is so much more to it than just MAX or AVG FPS

Exactly.

Give me consistent framerates and low FCAT over high maximum fps and wildly fluctuating performance, any day.

Soldato
Minimums are the most important thing overall, yes. DX12 can also massively help with a weaker CPU. I was using a Phenom II X6 1090T paired with a GTX 780 for a while earlier in the year and it was night and day between DX11 and DX12 in RotTR.

DX11:
20160401183413_1j0jyf.jpg

DX12:
20160401184806_1uxkiz.jpg
The overall average uplift is only 4fps, and the maximums were actually lower, but the minimums were so much higher (over 30fps higher in the last scene of the benchmark in fact). Obviously this made a huge positive difference to how the game played.

Caporegime
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – DX12 patch is now available, performs poorly on NVIDIA’s hardware

First things first, the benchmark tool seems to be running similarly in both DX11 and DX12 (using our custom graphics settings).

However, things went downhill once we visited the game’s city hubs. As we can see, there is a significant performance hit under DX12 (we’re talking about a 30fps decrease in some cases).

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/deus-ex-mankind-divided-dx12-patch-is-now-available-performs-poorly-on-nvidias-hardware/

Man of Honour
It seems this game is very poorly optimised :(

Might hold off on buying it until things improve.

Yeah performance versus image quality certainly leaves something to be desired. Seems to be some funky stuff going on with regard to V-Sync even with V-Sync off as well (not sure if it is related to nVidia and G-Sync - atleast for me the game seems to try and stabilise suspiciously at 62, 74, 80, 120 FPS which is basically what you'd get with some rounding for the 60 and 75Hz multipliers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Why bother releasing it if they know there is a bug causing negative performance on Nvidia cards?
Why should AMD users have to wait for an Nvidia-specific issue to be solved? We don't even know how long that'll take. It could be days, weeks or months. They could have just enabled DX12 for AMD cards only of course, but I'm sure the mature, reasoned response that would have followed that move probably put them off. ;)

Man of Honour
Should work very well on 1070 with mixed high and ultra settings to reach that 60 fps marker.

I'm using:

Exclusive fullscreen
MSAA Off
Texture Quality: Ultra
Texture Filtering: 16x
Shadow Quality: High (Very high is bugged with latest patch and looks bad in some places)
Ambient Occlusion: On
Contact Hardening Shadows: Off (They are tweaking it at the moment but it can look bad in many indoor locations due to shadow render order)
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: High
Depth Of Field: (Set to taste)
Level of Detail: High or Very High (Very High makes a small difference to distant objects and around 1.5% performance difference but can help to just tip performance into the difference between feeling a little laggy and smooth in some places).
Volumetric Lighting: On
Screenspace Reflections: On

Temporal Anti-Aliasing: On
Motion Blur: (Set to taste)
Sharpen: (Set to taste) - seems to be a reasonably good sharpen filter so doesn't have too much sample ringing like other games/filters.
Bloom: On
Cloth Physics: On
Subsurface Scattering: On
Chromatic Aberration: (Set to taste) - controls the colour separation on edges where they become a bit unfocused with 2 or more different colour versions visible which can be a bit marmite.
Tessellation: On

With Shadow Quality and Level of Detail at high I'm mostly running around 60-70fps - setting them to Very High drops is back to around 60fps - looks fairly good and plays reasonably well on my 1070 at 2560x1440.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom