• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see £500 1080's soon?

Soldato
OP
i think the difference is and this doesnt need to be mixed up is financial budget zone and acceptable price.

i could buy 10000 i wouldnt buy one on the simple fact that they have been overpriced since launch gauged and basically took the **** in every way.

many feel that way and have held off buying them.

so its not about being in the financial budget.its about taking the **** with the pricing.

That was my exact feeling as well. I have the budget for 1 if I wanted, its the fact I feel that the current pricing by both manufacturer and retailer is tkaing the ****. I bet when the prices went up they went up by a few extra % to increase the retailers margins and subsequently the end of quarter bonus!

Soldato
i think the difference is and this doesnt need to be mixed up is financial budget zone and acceptable price.

i could buy 10000 i wouldnt buy one on the simple fact that they have been overpriced since launch gauged and basically took the **** in every way.

many feel that way and have held off buying them.

so its not about being in the financial budget.its about taking the **** with the pricing.

I have a feeling that you are in the same boat as me, able to buy but refusing to buy on principle due to Nvidia greed. I know for a fact I will never own a 1080.

The OP, on the other hand, is prepared to buy at the right price if it comes along. With it being a 1080 there will inevitably be price reductions due to the ridiculous over pricing to start with, but I'm not convinced it'll ever be a sensible purchase.

Soldato
Ok great so you have already decided you won't buy it because *insert whatever reason no one cares about here*

So why keep coming back to a thread specifically about said product?

To the OP - once back orders are filled, supply outstrips demand then I imagine Gibbo will have some listed just under the £500 mark, probably take a couple of months.

From personal experience I've always found the best time to buy a new card is to either pre-order (they often go up once released) or 6 months or so after release. The rest of the time in between is a bit of a lottery.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Probably see a 499 this week only in a couple of months especially if the currency goes in the right direction

Associate
The 980Tis only close to £300, as its an old card thats been out over a year, and is now EOL, its price now doesn't have any bearing on new card prices.

saying it's 'EOL' doesn't make it any less of powerful card. 2 of them are absolutely storming in any current game at high resolutions. If you absolutely have to have the best that's fine but don't act like it's not the best performance-to-price option for people looking beyond at 1440p and beyond...

Associate
You can't expect a new gen card to be around the new much lower price of an old gen card thats been out yonks and EOL'd.

it's only been out for a year and (once overclocked) benchmarks close to the 1080 in loads of situations. how is it hard to expect the price to be relatively similar? Nvidia's grasp on the market & subsequent pricing model is blinding everyone it seems.

There are 1080's out for 799quid. Don't you think that's absolutely mental?

Caporegime
the 980Ti on release was around £600, its old now, as been out over a year, and its also EOL'd as said, thats why its now down to around £300, you can't expect a new 1080 thats just come out, to only be around that new dropped to £300 price, of that now old EOL'd card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom