Selling to webuyanycar?

Caporegime
I did a quote for my Celica once in desperation and put a very long list of defects in the condition section.

The value came back as £0 :p

They also value my Skoda at £170 when it is in good condition for its age! Cheeky ****ers!

Soldato
Sold a car to them yesterday, first time, got about £50 less than my quoted price, took 20 minutes. Was very pleased (expected a bit of a battle).

Hitman
Soldato
Sold my old car to WBAC this time last year. I tried selling it private for about a month prior to using them and just wanted rid in the end. They quoted quite a decent price online (think it was around 7700) and walked away with 100ish less than quoted 30 minutes later. Painless and quick.

Managed to find it on Autotrader after they sold it at auction and last time I checked (February) it was still sitting on the forecourt being sold!

Soldato
Sold my FN2 to them for about 1k less than I could get private but I had no enquirers in over a month. Painless and they didn't try and screw me down on anything as I was honest with the report.

Permabanned
Sold a Merc C320 a few years ago to them, lovely 2007 car with lowish miles, but could not shift it for love nor money, I guess it was a crap colour and the cloth seats that put people off, but it has electric seats and sat nav etc.

Anyway, plugged it into WWAC, and got a decent amount for it, i'd had it on AT at 4.2k and wasnt moving at all in the 3 weeks i'd had it up, i actually got 4750 from WWAC.

I also tried to sell a 2012 aygo last year and they offered 3k online and when i took it down they got ultra picky and offered 1950, i sold it privately for 3300.

For something like a Polo, it will always sell for reasonable money privately.

Associate
OP
They quoted you £1500 but if it has scratches etc they will wander round sucking in their teeth and offer you £1000. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get signficantly more in a private sale for a 'popular' cheap first car if priced competitively, of course depends if you want the hassle. £2k seems to get an 06 plate from a trader, don't know how the spec compares to her though.

You win. They offered £1000 after fee. I think it was lower than it was worth but didn't want the hassle of selling it privately so took it. I'm sure I'll get over it once the golf r estate arrives :)

Associate
I had a Chevrolet Cruze and it was worth (private) £3500. The bloke offered me £2500 and I walked away after several visits and different guys with £3000. I had a car lined up that I wanted to buy private the same week. I lost £500 but saved a lot of hassle.

Thats the way you need to look at it really. Its definatly not a good deal. Depends on what you can afford and how much time you have to spare. I'm impatient.

It is what it is. They are insanely fussy. The only bonus is they are not bothered about the mechanics as long as it starts and isnt making a noise. I had a dashboard engine management light, cleared it with my £10 gizmo from ebay. No bother. Took out the spare wheel etc and sold that on, they didnt even check.

Soldato
Mate at work took his car in. Every tiny scratch the could find took off 50 quid. Few scratches on wheels took off 50 quid each. One missing service stamp, they took of 80 quid. In total they took the price down 800quid.

And I'm 99% sure they won't fix any of it before selling. Just a way of getting the price down.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
I took a Nighthawk Black Civic Type R Premier Edition once in part ex against an Astra I had for sale, he was going to sell it to WBAC for £2700, I said I would match it against my car part ex to save him doing 2 trips. Deal went ahead and I paid £80 to valet the Type R then sold it for £4300 the same weekend. WBAC is the easy option but unless you've got a car that's hard to sell or there is something you are hiding, you are throwing a lot of money away by selling it to them most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom