What have you (accidently) taken through airport security?

Man of Honour
THIS!

1)Every entrance to the terminal is guarded by security who ask to see travel documentation and valid identification for EVERY passenger who wants to enter. Its impossible for a non passenger to enter the terminal. This also results in a huge queue outside the terminal.

Which is in an area where no one's checked, so is a massive target for mr muslamic infidel and his boomtastic vest.

Soldato
Which is in an area where no one's checked, so is a massive target for mr muslamic infidel and his boomtastic vest.

This was something i questioned in Turkey, The airports are safe due to security measures. But that HUGE que outside each door because security inside is checking everyone to make sure no none passengers enter leaves a massive target outside.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Couple of grams of hash that my friend forgot he had in his cig box made its way fine through security on a flight back from Amsterdam a few years ago.

Soldato
Pair of metal but not real Handcuffs for a stag do, that got through Gatwick, I completely forgot about them and had a lot of questions asked of me on the way home from Romania.

Soldato
were they in checked luggage? mine were in my pocket and got picked up by the scanners

one odd thing to take through are poker chips, the x ray machines have a fit at them

I was warned that sniffer dogs would detect them, so I just wrapped them in a used pair of boxers for a week and put them in my checked luggage. Got through no problems.

Man of Honour
i once (although not accidentally) took a 2kg block of cheese in hand luggage.

obviously it looked hella suspicious on the xray, so they went to open and i just said "it's the cheese isn't it?" and they just looked at me funny and let me go, without checking that it was in fact cheese and not c4/heroine/cocaine/whatever other illegal stuff comes in vacumn packed bricks.

Or inside blocks of cheese. I doubt if even a really good sniffer dog could smell drugs inside a block of cheese that had been vacuum packed. Someone could probably fit a kilo of heroin or whatever inside a hollowed-out block of cheese that size.

They probably thought no drug dealer would ship drugs in such an obvious way. Which is probably true. Or that a drug mule wouldn't be as calm as you were. Which is also probably true.

Or maybe cheese looks different on a X-ray to powdered drugs. I've no idea.

Soldato
one odd thing to take through are poker chips, the x ray machines have a fit at them

I wonder if its something do do with the RFID thats in a lot of them, combined with I guess, an antenna probably made of foil tape that might cover a far amount of surface area in the chip, to allow reading from a distance.

(So the table can know if chips noted as being stolen are in use etc)

Man of Honour
The day before the Brussels attacks I forgot to put my liquids in a transparent bag and just left them in hand luggage, went through security at both ends with no problems.

Permabanned
I had to take some Boiler Ignition transformers from BHX to FRA, not fun explaining that one, as it was just after 9/11, and im a muslim!!!

I was working for a boiler company doing R&D on a new system at the time, had to get the company MD to intervene!

Soldato
The wife tried, "accidentally", as in completely didn't expect it to be a problem, to take some poxy little metal nail scissors through at Stanstead. Cue instant confiscation because we could stab someone to death with them.

Went on a college art trip to Venice a few years back. I had my nail scissors confiscated and then when we arrived in Venice, one of the girls in the group realised she'd had a Stanley knife in her carry-on (which wasn't picked up).

Back
Top Bottom