• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Fluid Motion "Enable 60fps Movies"

Associate
As already mentioned, SVP does the exact same thing, frame interpolation. Plenty of customisation to get the exact level of smoothness you want, but I wouldn't use it for anything that isn't animated because it's actually really horrible for live action things, who wants that "soap opera" effect?

Soldato
OP
Like I said above it does really work excellent in fast action movies, the difference for me is night and day.
Would I use this on say a Gangster move No

Also like I said in first couple of pages this method is miles better than using my TVs build in post processing feature.

When watched through the TV with Motion thing on FPS still shows 23fps, with Fluid Motion enabled FPS goes to 60fps
Am not sure what the difference is they both trying to do but AMDs method looks miles better.

Associate
Does this mean my GPU (RX 480) isn't supported or is it because I'm running Windows 7?
http://imgur.com/a/bZklW
bZklW

It does say: "Support Intel iGPU only on Windows7", not sure if it extends to the AMD series.

Soldato
This has been built into TV's for many years and makes movies look really weird, giving them a "soap opera" effect.

People keep trying to get rid of the daft feature on "modern" TV's:
http://hometheaterreview.com/what-is-soap-opera-effect-and-how-to-make-it-go-away/

Personal I love it on all content (bar gaming) from live action to Anime, heck even credit scrolling is much better lol. Watching material with it off looks like a juddering mess on my now 6 year old Panasonic TX-L42E30B, Motion interpolation quality is defiantly something I will look at for my next TV.

Back
Top Bottom